LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > General Discussions

Unread 08-09-2002, 04:04 PM   #1
ESU
User

Unhappy Need Help with a C96

I have a broomhandle model 1930 chambered in 7.63 . It is re-blued and not a matching # weapon. My problem is the weapon very often will not return to full battery after firing. I replaced all springs with new ones from Wolffs and still the same problem. I'm firing new Fiocchi ammo . I've nver been able to get a full mag off without a problem . If I let the bolt back slowly It will stop about 1/3 of an inch before the chamber . After stripping it down I've found the bolt moves freely in the barrel extension with no binding. All other parts seem to move freely however after re-attaching the trigger mechanism, bolt locking block etc this is when I get the hang up. Is it possible the bolt locking block is my problem ? Should the bolt slide freely over this or should there be some friction . A prior post had me look at new springs plus some marker to look for hi spots but so far none found. Any competent broomhandle gunsmiths around in case I dont find an answer here ? Thx .
ESU is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2002, 06:35 PM   #2
unspellable
User

I don't claim to be any expert on C96 malfunctions, but the last 1/3 inch before closing is where the locking block comes into play. I would guess there is a hang up involving the block.

This block does take a pounding and can get out of shape. The usual problem with high milage is the locking lugs get a bit rounded at the corners and the lockup is not quite as secure as it should be. This doesn't stop it from closing though.
unspellable is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2002, 01:52 PM   #3
ESU
User

Thx, your the 2nd person who says the block . Gonna start with changing that, ESU.
ESU is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2002, 08:09 PM   #4
unspellable
User

While this malfunction probably involves the locking block it is not automatically the block itself. There are the lugs on the underside of the bolt and the various camming surfaces the block rides on that should not be overlooked.
unspellable is offline   Reply With Quote