LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 05-06-2001, 08:46 PM   #1
Ad

Default Just Bought My First One!!!

Ralph Shattuck just confirmed by phone that I have bought my first Luger: a "shooter" on his latest list; #6891v, byf, 1936, mech exc, exc mag, good grips". He said, in effect, "It's just above a parts gun, but mechanically reliable and you can be happy shooting it all day". At the price, ($275) and knowing his reputatation, I knew it was the "perfect starter" (Q: pun?) for me and I couldn't pass it by. My thanks to all of you who replied to my request for help about a month ago;, expecially Kyrie, who called in response to e-mailed pleas to him for advice; and Frank Manders, who e-mailed detailed comments offered great suggestions. I've enjoyed lurking out here reading your comments. You really don't realize the scope and breadth of information you all actually provide. As soon as I pick up the piece at my FFL dealer I'll provide a photo and look forward to joining your "Rogues Gallery". I feel like a teen going out on my first date. Regards to all. Ad.

Unread 05-06-2001, 08:51 PM   #2
Robert Wiggins
User

Default Re: Just Bought My First One!!!

Happy to see you Happy! May the joy never end! You will probably find it addictive. Hope your pocket is deep...

Welcome aboard

Unread 05-06-2001, 09:14 PM   #3
Dok
RIP

Welcome to the Motley Crew!!! And what a great price and from such an unimpeachable source. Good on ya!

Unread 05-06-2001, 09:25 PM   #4
Mike T.

When you go out onto the range with all those folks with their fancy Kimbers and Sig Sauers with high-capacity mags and fancy laser sights, you will still find that it will be your Luger that everyone wants to have a chance to shoot. Although I'm no expert, I would say you got a real good deal--a gun not only less than most of the recent Russian imports also with the reputation of Shattuck saying that it is in good mechanical condition. The only frustrating thing with a gun as you have described is wondering what it witnessed in its checkered past and what path it followed from the Mauser factory 65 years ago to end up eventually in your hands.

Also, get a C&R license. The thrill of sighting the UPS truck pulling in front of your house with a new acquisition is awe-inspiring.

Unread 05-06-2001, 09:45 PM   #5
Rick K
User

Congratulations! From your Subject title, we can all see that this one won't be your last!

Unread 05-07-2001, 06:53 AM   #6
Ted
User

Ad, if you havent already done this, try going to the "General Information" Section, then the "Events Page" and see two trips I made to Ralph's WOL. A write up of the trip along with pictures of Ralph's place! Almost like being their. 1600 Lugers in one place is a site to behold and Ralph and Nancy are most gracious hosts. Ted

Unread 05-07-2001, 09:10 AM   #7
Frank
RIP
Patron
LugerForum
Patron

Ad, congrats!! You'll love it. Please do join this little group.

Unread 05-07-2001, 03:23 PM   #8
Kyrie
User

Hi Ad,

Congratulations - you Done Good

Best,

Kyrie

Unread 05-08-2001, 10:58 PM   #9
John Sabato
Lifer
Lifetime Forum