LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > General Discussions

Unread 01-28-2004, 06:42 AM   #21
Yank
User

The Pianist has many scenes depicting the Luger. {edited for content by ADMIN-JS, please see the Forum Decorum and Terms of Service for a description of unacceptable commentary) There's one rather poignant scene where an officer ... runs out of bullets when he gets to the star of the movie!

An EXCELLENT movie, in my opinion. This was directed by Roman Polanski, who I dislike for obvious reasons... I refused to give him credit by bypassing the theater release and watching this one at home.

***EDITED TO AD THAT WHAT WAS DELETED FROM MY POST WAS IN NO WAY, SHAPE, OR FORM ANTI-ANYTHING IN NATURE. I APOLOGIZE IF ANYONE FOUND IT OFFENSIVE. DON'T WANT ANYONE TO GET THE WRONG IDEA ABOUT ME!***
Yank is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2004, 12:15 PM   #22
Lonnie Zimmerman
User

Big Norm, I believe "Cobb" also shot a deer out the window of his house with his LP-08.
Lonnie
Unread 01-28-2004, 01:18 PM   #23
John Sabato
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,096 Posts
Yank,

Don't sweat it... you are a new guy here and I know it... I don't judge a book by its covers.

We take great pains on this forum to avoid non-Luger subjects that could be found offensive...

The Forum Decorum and Terms of Service, to which all of us have agreed to as part of registering for this forum are pretty comprehensive.

Just keep the focus on your discussions to Lugers and you will never have a problem.

...and in case you didn't get a personal welcome when you first posted ( I may have been asleep at the wheel)... Welcome to the Lugerforum.

Please Enjoy yourself here. We all learn something everyday about Lugers and have fun doing it...

"...We hold these truths to be self-evident that ALL men are created EQUAL and are endowed by their Creator with certain UNALIENABLE rights, and among these are life, LIBERTY, and the pursuit of happiness..."
John Sabato is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2004, 04:29 PM   #24
Roadkill
User

John, if we are going to stick to Luger subjects which are not offensive then I guess this is my last comment. (applause/celebrating/ uncontrolled joy heard throughout the corners of the world), I think I've offended most everyone here at one time or another
and I can't stick to a Luger subject no matter what, but Tom didn't help any. Guess I'll just hang out with my new ugly dog Axl. What's a few fleas between friends anyway?

rk
Roadkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2004, 04:56 PM   #25
John Sabato
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,096 Posts
Rk, Give Yank and I a break please...I think you have over-rated your offensiveness

I remember a time (seems like a LONG time ago), that a new member named Roadkill felt like a Lugerforum outcast because he thought too much about things that were posted... and nothing could be further from the truth... you have obviously been hangin' out on too many survivalist boards!

...and I also think you should remove your tongue from your cheek or it will grow like that! (or at least that is what my dearly-departed mother would have said!)

Your reflections on life USUALLY start with something to do with Lugers or you wouldn't post them here...

keep up the good work! ...and keep them students educated on firearms!

best regards,

JS

"...We hold these truths to be self-evident that ALL men are created EQUAL and are endowed by their Creator with certain UNALIENABLE rights, and among these are life, LIBERTY, and the pursuit of happiness..."
John Sabato is offline   Reply With Quote