LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > General Discussions

Unread 01-12-2003, 04:29 PM   #1
M1911A1
New User

Post Allow me to introduce myself

Hello,

My name is Marty and I'm new to the Luger forum.
It's nice to see such a fine group of people that all share an admiration for Georg Luger's timeless design.
As you can tell by my screen name, I'm am partial to the design that John Browning came up with. I have a love of all historical firearms with a strong affinity for pistols.
I do own one Luger, A DWM 1921 4 inch model that came with a 1938 Wermacht bet and holster. It's just a mixed number, shooters grade pistol but it still has a great feel and it's fun to take out to the range. I'm sure you all know the way a Luger attracts attention on the firing range!
I look forward to the conversation and fun on the forums
Thanks
Unread 01-12-2003, 06:56 PM   #2
Roadkill
User

Welcome, Marty. Based on previous postings, the 1911/A1 is most likely the most owned firearm by the members here next to the P08. I also have a strong interest in military guns and shoot them all. Last time out I took a Mod 98 made by DWM in 1917. It's an S42 rebuild. Shooting that thing was like visiting a historical museum. An absolute pleasure. WWI, streetfighting between Brownshirts and Communists in the twenties, NSDAP in the thirties, SS in the late thirties, Poland, France, then training weapon till the end of the war. Lots of possibilities. Well worn but definitey functional. And Lugers do get attention on the range. The good part about shooters is letting folks who have never handled one run a few rounds through. Always get a smile and prolific thank you.

rk
Roadkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2003, 08:07 PM   #3
Navy
RIP

Welcome Marty,

Like you, I am a *very big* fan of the M1911 A-1, having used them in gunfights during the recent unpleasantries in S.E. Asia.

I think you will find this to be a jovial social club...and there is a lot to be learned from the membership.

Welcome aboard.

Tom A.
Moderator, Navy Luger Section
Navy is offline   Reply With Quote