LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > General Discussions

Unread 07-16-2003, 10:25 PM   #1
Johnny C. Kitchens
User

Cool Prepare To Be Blinded...

I know its not real, but something to look at...

Goring Luger...

The name may say it all.

I notice there are a lot of Luger parts for sale on eBay, as well as other Luger stuff. I like the Luger lighter!!!
Unread 07-16-2003, 11:46 PM   #2
John D.
Administrator
& Site Owner
LugerForum
Patron

Hmmm - I really like the red plug at the end of the barrel... I guess the Germans were way ahead of us for demonstrating "firearm safety"...???

Heh, heh........
John D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2003, 10:00 AM   #3
Heydrich
Banned

Funny as it sounds, I can actually see Goering with that Bonzo the Clown pistol. He was a strange bird. The extent of his addiction to morphine isn’t clear, but Speer mentions in his autobiography that he looked glassy eyed a time or two. Three very well documented incidents about the former leader of the Luftwaffe also attest to his odd behavior. Hermann loved to play with huge toy train sets. He once showed up for a OKW meeting dressed as a medieval warrior, with a cloak, a spear and wearing ornate sandals with his toe nails painted red. And one notorious incident in 1944, he ordered his personal train stopped on the main Paris line, along with all the other military trains on that line, so he could take a bath without the water splashing around too much.
Heydrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2003, 09:31 PM   #4
Heydrich
Banned

To be fair to Herr Goering, there were two sides to his personality and leadership. In one book I read years ago, it is suggested that Hermann relapsed onto morphine about 1942 because of war pressures. If true, this would explain his totally different personality from 1939 to 1941. During this time, Goering was a determined and extremely aggressive leader with the mentality of a killer. He was one of the reasons that the German Nazis of WW2 were the most dangerous men of the 20th century. And unlike the other German leaders, he wasn’t afraid or intimidated by the English, as he bombed and blasted them out of France and back across the Channel and attacked them any chance he got. Also, the tone of his homicidal remarks against the British people during 1940-41 has to be read to be believed.

Tacfoley, if you are reading this, my respect for the English people is great, considering the kind of person you and your countrymen were dealing with during 1940-41.

Sorry for the OT stuff, but I wrote a one-sided deal in my above post.
Heydrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2003, 08:34 PM   #5
saxman
User

I am not an expert on Lugers, but that POS is the most obvious Pakistani newly-made knockoff I have ever seen. The entire gun is new - there's nothing original about it. After seeing that, I got out my crummy DWM shooter and gave it a great big kiss.
[image width=645 height=414]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-7/16185/DWM2-6-03.jpg[/image]
Unread 07-22-2003, 09:05 PM   #6
saxman
User

Maybe this will work...