LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 04-29-2001, 11:28 PM   #1
BILL
User

Default From my knothole

Refelcting on all the different personalities here it is really amazing how everyone respects each other's opinions and is so cordial to each other. Everyone has their own perspective on the dos and donts of Luger care and feeding. There are those among us who are close to being curators of a museum with their collection and would never consider emptying the original dust out of an old WWI holster, and on the other end of the scale there are those who sand the checkering off a pair of original grips and attach a custom peep sight to their original Luger. This diversity, while exagerated in my example, is extremely well tolerated in this group and it never fails to catch my attention. It is truly a testament to the great folks on this forum and there are times (when everything else is headed south) that it is really nice to know the people of this group are around. I guess we care about more than just Lugers here, we care about each other and that makes this a very special group indeed. Ending my evening on a good note..Bill

Unread 04-29-2001, 11:32 PM   #2
Ted
User

Default Re: From my knothole

Bill, I couldn't agree more! The Caliber (no pun intended) of the fine people here is very amazing! Lots of great people to share experiences and enjoy debates. Ted

Unread 04-30-2001, 05:37 AM   #3
Marvin
User

Bill,

I feel this comes from the people on the Forum also. Although we do have varying opinions, we respect each other opinion and this gives us the ability to hear all sides of a question. By knowing different opinions, we can then form the one that fits each of our needs.

When a person owns a Luger (or anything else really), that is his property to do whatever he wishes with it. Yes, i don't want to see a nice mathing Luger made into the monstrocities that the National Historical Foundation produces, but if that is what someones wants, that's OK, it is their money and property.

Let's always keep our opinions coming, good or bad, just make sure we keep respecting each other!

Marvin

Unread 04-30-2001, 02:01 PM   #4
EOC Bob
User

My experiences with the members of this forum have always been positive, noting the time I had a major problem with the reassembly of one of my Lugers. People actually had disassembled one of their Lugers to duplicate, and thereby help solve my problem. That's dedication and was deeply appreciated on my part. I have learned with Lugers, you have to look beyond the mear function of rock solid reliability, and buy into the mystique and grace of the weapon. Lugers more than any other pistol generate a kind of awe that goes beyond the simple chambering and firing a round of ammunition.

Unread 04-30-2001, 03:04 PM   #5
Robert E. Lipps

The "Gentleman's Agreement" that permeates this board is what keeps me coming back. I've vistited other boards and when the name calling starts I go in search of a more civilized environment. Keep up the good attitude!

Unread 04-30-2001, 03:07 PM   #6
Ted
User

The great thing about these guys is that not only are they civil but they are great people as well. The meeting of the minds, the shaking of the hands and the sharing of the experiences at the World of Lugers in March is an annual event that is worth the effort. What a fine bunch of folks! Ted

Unread 04-30-2001, 10:52 PM   #7
ViggoG
RIP

Cant resist adding my two ---

Is'nt this what Democracy is all about ?

Viggo G

Unread 04-30-2001, 11:49 PM   #8
KEN
User

Default You judge a man.............

by the company he keeps. Nuff said!!