LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > All P-08 Military Lugers

Unread 05-21-2004, 09:40 PM   #1
Waschbaer
User

Post SANITIZED(!) Parabellum

I just came across a strange parabellum pistol. The toggles are dished as on early models (purely a cosmetic alteration, I'm sure), there are no markings on the pistol whatsoever save the serial number on the grip frame and a crown nitro proof on the forward toggle; "DWM" or whatnot is completely removed as is the year of manufacture. Most of the pistol is an interesting purple hue, apparently from a mishapped(?) reblueing. The trigger, takedown lever and safety have a beautiful straw color to them. The pistol has been heavily buffed, though there are no dips where markings must have been at one time. The seller has it marked at 499 $, though he offered it to me at 400 $. I'm curious as to anyone's opinions on the advisability of purchasing said pistol as a shooter. It wears vopo grips and is apparently mismatched, for the TWO serial numbers I found in the upper receiver (the firing pin and forward toggle at "01") do not match the frame serial ending in 91. The stock lug has been removed, leaving a perfectly circular hole right at the bottom of the recoil spring. Would such modifications cause this pistol to be potentially dangerous to the shooter? So far I only have experience in collectable lugers, so shooters evade me. They are VERY seldomly seen in these parts, and I'm thinking of turing it into a custom job.... Thanks in advance for any replies. Thomas Platt
Waschbaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2004, 10:03 PM   #2
blayne
User

Price isn't bad for a shooter, and as a project, it might be worth it.

It just sounds like a gun that has been buffed to death...
blayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2004, 10:15 PM   #3
George Anderson
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,527 Times in 786 Posts
A 1900 toggle train might be worth $400. Sounds like a weird outfit.
George Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2004, 11:12 PM   #4
Waschbaer
User

I don't think it actually is a 1900 toggle, for it does not have the vertical bar on the right side, and each side of the toggle is dished slightly differently. It doesn't look like DWM quality to me, more like a regular toggle which has been modified. At first glance I was quite taken aback, but then I took a closer look.
Waschbaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2004, 09:36 AM   #5
Lugerdoc
Patron
LugerForum
Patron

Thomas, This luger sound like one created by aliens, probably Mexican, from Roswell in 1947. TH