LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > All P-08 Military Lugers

Unread 09-24-2003, 09:29 PM   #1
ToggleTop
User

Post K-Date Subtle Difference

I post this just as a matter of information. It is just something I have noted while handling K-Date lugers. My images are not to good since they came off of my scanner and I put them together in a composite. What I am trying to show here is the variation in sear bar length that extends out under the side plate. This I would call the exposed triangle. On the first two K-Date images I have put the "s" there just to show they are there on those two pistols. The images did not show the "s" very well. I just find it odd there would be this much variation in this length. I first felt that the extra length was there to provide more area for the "s" to be stamped on the part. I am not sure if this thought is correct or not. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? I don't know it just seems strange to find that much noticeable difference in a machined part. I did find one other K-Date in the 4000 serial number range that I looked at that did not have the extra length at the top of the triangle. It also did not have the "s" stamp on it either! After closer examination I found that it was not the original sear. It carried the last two digits of the serial number but it was a replacement by somebody. Probably to boost the gun? I do believe somewhere in the K-Date serial number range this triangle becomes more consistent as shown by at least three of the last four images which are the two K-Dates without the "s" part stamp and the 1936-S/42 and the 1937-S/42. The difference I have noted may only be common to the K-Date lugers that have the "s" stamped in tne triangular area!

Beste GrĂ?¼sse
ToggleTop is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2003, 08:23 AM   #2
Lugerdoc
Patron
LugerForum
Patron

TT, The space between the applied safety bar and the "triangle" made by the edge of the side plate and the raised portion of the trigger bar, is the critical dimention here. It must be wide enough for the toggle to cycle with the safety applied. So if they have to trim back the trigger bar a bit to accomplish this, no problem. TH