LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > Off Topic & Other Firearms

Unread 09-06-2024, 09:33 PM   #1
justsomeguy
User

Default Nambu type 14 issues, need advice

Hey all,
Thanks for responding to my other thread about needing a locking block. I found one and with some of Don's firing pins I think I'm good there.

While checking the rest of the function I noticed something odd. The snap caps I bought off Ebay chamber almost but it seems like it's not closing all the way since I can see the edge of the brass rim.

Trying to encourage the bullet to go in further only got it wedged and I had to use the tip of a knife against the rim to get it free.

After looking at it for a while I decided to take a live round (remember my fire pin is broken) and slide it into the chamber with the same result. The live ammo is from Sentinel which had good reviews but of course now I'm seeing people complaining about their Nambu ammo not chambering.
Some people are suggesting that the case it too think. I didn't think that the chamber would have such tight tolerances that the thickness of a case matters.

Any suggestions on what might be wrong and what I could do to correct it would be great.

Another minor issue is that the left side (with the mag catch button) grip is very loose. With the grip screw fully in, if you lift up on the panel at the top it will slide out.

Someone suggested an O ring but I'm not convinced that would do what I need it to do. Again any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote