LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > Off Topic & Other Firearms

Unread 05-06-2024, 02:04 PM   #1
Padre Dan
User

Default Taurus Judge .45 lc /.410 pistol

Curious if anyone on the forum , owns and shoots any of the Taurus judge pistols . shown are two of the ones i own , the brushed ss is the ultra lite and the blued steel is the magnum , both have the Houge grips , blued one has the night sights , besides these two own the smaller public defender , one in a steel model and another in the polymer frame . they all have a place . the ultra lite gets the most use , the judges do have a following and make a good truck pistol and even mentioned in the country song " get in the truck" feel free to comment , ty
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN4052.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	174.1 KB
ID:	88550  

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN4055.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	174.6 KB
ID:	88551  

Padre Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
The following member says Thank You to Padre Dan for your post:
Unread 05-06-2024, 03:32 PM   #2
Eugen
User

Talking

Varity is the spice of life. If those Taurus's meet your needs more power to you. Frankly, I have never been a fan of Taurus and have never developed an interest in anything .410 or 45lc. I may be odd in that regard, but that is just me. Lastly, I regretfully sold my 1990 Chevy truck ten years ago. So no need for a truck gun.
The following member says Thank You to Eugen for your post:
Unread 05-06-2024, 03:53 PM   #3
Padre Dan
User

very true , to each his own. where i now live , we very much have snakes , the ones that crawl and the ones on two legs , feral hogs and about anything else you can think of . the .45lc hollow points and a mixture of shot or buck shot , pretty much can cover about anything you might encounter. a friend of mines wife used her judge to stop her from being robbed and car jacked . its all up to the user what ammunition you may carry in one . smith and wesson makes a revolver they call the governor , it will fire .45lc , .410 and .45acp using the full moon clips.
Unread 05-06-2024, 05:32 PM   #4
Eugen
User

From what I have heard .410 is a very effect snake round, although I have no personal experience. I am sure that Taurus serves you well. Wow, glad to hear that Judge got a family friend out of a bind.
The following member says Thank You to Eugen for your post:
Unread 05-06-2024, 06:46 PM   #5
Padre Dan
User

snakes of all kinds here are a problem , this time of year they are out and moving , to us the water moccasin is the most dangerous , they will not retreat like most other snakes will , i rarely ever carry a shot load in the judges , its buckshot an slugs , i actually have 300 gr bear loads , by bitterroot valley . the brown and black bears here are not too aggressive , if you stay clear of them . as you can see a judge is a revolver that can do alot of things , since taurus moved to bainbridge , south ga , where my wife is from their quality has gotten alot better .
Unread 05-07-2024, 07:52 AM   #6
Kiwi
User

At the time Taurus came out with the Judge it was a PIA
I was in NJ and the anti gun legislature said the .410 was now a pistol round and added restrictions on purchase.
Now on a farm in NJ the .410 was the anti groundhog round and used a lot
The new regulation of course made the round more expensive - bureaucracy costs and stupid paperwork.
So had to switch to .22 which also a pistol round for some reason was not treated as such in NJ
Liberal logic.
Kiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
The following member says Thank You to Kiwi for your post:
Unread 05-07-2024, 09:18 AM   #7
Padre Dan
User

i am a texan , who resides in Louisiana and southern Georgia, at times . all three are 2a states , in fact Louisiana will do away with its concealed carry permits in July of 2004 . here crawfish farming as well as fishing and commercial is big part of the economy as well as hunting . you will see the taurus judges of all types in the holsters and back packs of those involved in this type of work and sport . alot of the alligator hunters carry them, yes we have a alligator season here . there is a model called the raging judge , in 454 casule ,45lc and 410, it is a very big pistol , i know one alligator hunter who carries one . i cant for the life of me understand why the .410 ammo costs more than 12 n 20 ga ammo, but it does . still its less than alot of other pistol ammo . i have considered my larger judges to be working pistols and thats what i see them used the most for .