LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > All P-08 Military Lugers

Unread 10-27-2002, 10:40 AM   #1
conchojack
User

Post Luger listing on GunsAmerica

Just noticed GunsAmerica, http://www.gunsamerica.com/
has new listings for Lugers. Conchojack
Unread 10-27-2002, 11:04 AM   #2
Stevie
User

Good morning ConchoJack! That's a bunch of Lugers. Sadly, I've exceeded my gun purchase limit for the year. By the way, did you ever find out what was wrong with your artillary luger?

Best wishes, Stevie.
Stevie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2002, 09:23 AM   #3
conchojack
User

Thanks for the note Stevie. I have not been able to duplicate the "slamfire" but am assured by those much more experienced than I am, that slapping the toggle down to load a resisting round is stupid. They were kinder in their language but clearly it is irresponsible and unnecessary. Hugh offered to carefully examine the Artillery, which I very much appreciate. I just have not yet had time to take it to him. I will gladly report what Hugh finds and we will do our best to duplicate the slamfire without abusing this beautiful weapon.
Unread 10-28-2002, 04:01 PM   #4
Doubs
User

Thanked 1,617 Times in 526 Posts
I've kept an eye on Lugers being offered on GunsAmerica. What I'm seeing isn't good news for collectors. The company D.F.W and the fellow named Peter Dunst are asking prices that seem quite a bit too high, IMO. Anyone looking at their asking prices who isn't familiar with Lugers could easily get the impression that their prices are normal.

I could be wrong, of course. What do others think of their prices?
Doubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2002, 08:33 PM   #5
markm3
User

Sadly Doubs, I fear that these prices are becoming "normal." Looking at what some recent items sold for on Gun Broker and Auction Arms, as well as some private solicitations I've received, the prices seem to have settled comfortably between outrageous and stratospheric.

Compounding this is some gross misintepretation of the values quoted in Michael Reese's Luger Tips (which itself refers to Ralph Shattuck's Luger prices).

The good news is that this can and does change. have collected flannel game worn major league baseball jerseys from the 1940s-1960s. Between 199-2001, the prices skyrocketed. Not only have they returned to earth, but the newbies got out of the trade and began dumping their overpriced acquisitions on the market for less than the earlier, more reasonable price.