LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > All P-08 Military Lugers

Unread 12-16-2017, 01:07 AM   #21
Mike Kay
User

Hi RShaw,
Thank you for your comments, much appreciated. Beautiful looking gun you have there!

I've tried Sellier & Bellot 115 & 124 gr. as well as the Sig 124 gr. and a variety of magazines. The gun still stovepipes after every 4th or 5th shot.

I've ordered a set of new springs for the gun and am waiting to receive these. The first set of springs which I ordered from the US was blocked by US customs on export and destroyed!

The reason given was that they're classified as dangerous/lethal restricted items......given the amount of deadly weaponry exported by the US and others around the world, compared to a set of $9.00 springs for a 101 year old Luger, this is totally ridiculous!

I've subsequently ordered set of springs from Germany which I hope to receive in the next few days. I'll report back once I've replaced the springs.

On the other hand my 1939 Mauser VOPO Luger which I purchased in October is behaving flawlessly at the range.
http://forum.lugerforum.com/showthread.php?t=37834

I've put about 500 rounds through it without a single jam or misfire. I've used Sellier & Bellot ammunition both 115gr. & 124gr. with no issues whatsoever.

Best,
Mike
Mike Kay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2017, 01:26 AM   #22
RShaw
User

Hi Mike,
Thank you! Was just looking at your thread re. your VOPO- 2 matching mags is VERY unusual- quite a find! But- may I carefully say, there are many Luger experts who would maintain that an all matching gun with 1 matching mag (let alone 2!) may be too valuable to shoot. Your gun is the first I’ve heard of with 2 matching mags. A unique piece of history! But - it’s done a flawless job at the range so far

Such a shame about those springs. Hope the German sourced set arrives soon. My replacement holdopen took about 2 months to get here from the US. Yes- would be very interesting to hear how it goes with new springs

You’re doing well!!

Looking for magazine no. 7097
Venlo, the Netherlands- RShaw

Last edited by RShaw; 12-16-2017 at 02:18 AM.
RShaw is offline   Reply With Quote
The following member says Thank You to RShaw for your post:
Unread 12-16-2017, 09:00 AM   #23
DonVoigt
User

Thanked 4,350 Times in 2,040 Posts

Guys,
many of the Vopo imports into the US came with two matching(vopo numbered matching) magazines and a holster. Not unusual at all.

In South Africa or the NL, I'm sure it is a different situation.

Stove piping is frequently caused by "weak" ammo, or an ejector with a broken or partially missing tip, or an extractor with dirt under it or weak spring, or worn/broken. Check these areas before you change springs. JMHO.
The following member says Thank You to DonVoigt for your post:
Unread 12-16-2017, 10:15 AM   #24
RShaw
User

Ahhh!!
Didn’t know that
Always something new to learn.... still- a very nice gun!
Good deal for sure
RShaw is offline   Reply With Quote
The following member says Thank You to RShaw for your post: