LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > General Discussions

Unread 06-06-2017, 05:51 PM   #1
aldo35
User

Default Armslist Scam

Armslist has matching Luger no import marks listed for $1050. Picture is of Swiss Model 29 and description sound like it is for a 30 cal rifle! No shipping and in Ohio, Ohio.

So I sent an email thru Armslist asking if pistol was still available. Quik response from person saying it was and that he would ship to me on Cape Cod. I replied "Good" and told him my brother in law lived in Lima,OH (where I had determined he lived thru his name and email address). He quik wrote back he works in AR and travels back and forth and Lima would not work. I told him I wanted the pistol inspected be fore I bought and had relatives in AR. What would work for him.

You guessed it the emails stopped.

Aldo35
aldo35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2017, 12:45 PM   #2
wayne8661
User

There are alot of scams on Armslist I see pics of lugers all the time where the photo and description are taken from Joe Salters website.

There are alot of Scumbags out there.
wayne8661 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2017, 01:33 PM   #3
ithacaartist
Twice a Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,483 Times in 1,324 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne8661 View Post
There are alot of scams on Armslist I see pics of lugers all the time where the photo and description are taken from Joe Salters website.

There are alot of Scumbags out there.
This one just gets added to the list of such listings on Armslist.

Someone had a Navy listed for $1800, also listed by them on another site. I found the original listing--different seller entirely--from which their pics were snagged. He was not happy about the hijack, either. My Dealer looked up the info on their doctored FFL and pronounced it a fake. I posted the progress of this tale a few years ago. My reports to the related websites and the BATFE were effectively a symbolic gesture, and the scammer will likely never be confronted with consequences. They did take the listing down, though

I think one can successfully buy a gun from these sites, but the due diligence required to establish a listing's authenticity is greatly increased. Gunbroker is probably the safest option among the crowd.
Unread 06-08-2017, 09:22 AM   #4
gunbugs
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 1,148 Times in 382 Posts

I had a scammer lift three of my listings off Gunbroker and repost them on another site. I contacted the the site and let them know what was happening. Scammer posts disappeared. Any more I put at the bottom of my GB listings, that "any other listing for this gun is a scam".
gunbugs is offline   Reply With Quote