LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 03-30-2001, 12:30 PM   #1
John Sabato
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,096 Posts
Default ATTENTION NEW FORUM USERS! How about a profile?

The one advantage to creating a user profile is that no one can post using your name after you do because a password is required.

Please take a few moments to visit the "Owner's Corner" link at the left, and "View User Profiles" link at the top of the Discussion page to read some of the profiles for us "Rogues" and then tell us a little about yourself, how you came to be involved with Lugers, your favorite type, etc.

You guys and gals that have posted an empty profile are also invited to re-visit your profile to give us some insight about who and where you are. You don't have to give out any personal information you are not comfortable with sharing.

Once again, welcome aboard... and those of us that have had this hobby for many years are happy to answer any questions you might have about your Luger or Lugers in general.

regards,

-John

http://boards.rennlist.com/upload/KRIEGHOFF-SUHL.jpg
Unread 03-30-2001, 01:51 PM   #2
John D.
Administrator
& Site Owner
LugerForum
Patron

Default Nice Pic, John..!!! :D (EOM)

Unread 03-30-2001, 02:10 PM   #3
G.T.
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 3,627 Times in 999 Posts
Default New Forum Members!!! I Agree!

How about a profile on some of you new guy's......I have realized several good friends from this forum, and it starts with just a wee bit of information about yourselves...This forum has a force of it's own, but growth depends on the new blood! So, don't be shy! Lets see some profiles! till...later...G.T.

Unread 03-30-2001, 02:58 PM   #4
Robert Wiggins
User

Default Re: ATTENTION NEW FORUM USERS! How about a profile?

OK! OK! I got the hint! Just added my profile!

Cheers!

Unread 03-30-2001, 03:47 PM   #5
G.T.
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 3,627 Times in 999 Posts
Default Thanks RW! How about you Mark! :) (EOM)

Unread 03-30-2001, 03:48 PM   #6
John Sabato
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,096 Posts
Default Good Job Robert! Hey Dok-heres another photo for the Rogues Gallery!

Welcome Robert. We are the same age, I will be 54 in October.

How about commenting on the restrictions that you suffer as a gun owner in Canada. What do you have to go through if you find a Luger that you want in order to purchase it? Can you import one from the U.S. ? Or are you only eligible to purchase one from the pool of weapons that were available in Canada before the big registration drive?

-John

Unread 03-30-2001, 06:00 PM   #7
Robert Wiggins
User

Default Re: Good Job Robert! Hey Dok-heres another photo for the Rogues Galler

John;

I'll try to answer your questions as briefly as possible, in my next posting, but first I'll give you some background on Firearms control in Canada. You can read between the lines on some of the legislation. I won't attempt to illucidate since this posting is rather long as it is, but I will answer an specific questions.

We now have three categories of firearms in our current legislation, They are listed as "Non-Restricted", "Restricted", and "Prohibited".

Non-Restricted =

1) Long guns(over 470mm in length). No full autos allowed .

Restricted =

1) any handgun not listed as prohibited.

2) a semi_auto, centre-fire rifle or shotgun witha barrel length less than 470 mm that is not prohibited.

3) a rifle or shotgun that can fire after being reduced by any temporary means (folding, telescoping) to an overall length of less that 660mm.

4) any firearm classified by the Governor in Council and prescribed under the Criminal Code as being restricted (including some long guns).

Prohibited =

1) a prohibited handgun that is, with a barrel of 105mm or less, or designated or adapted to discharge a 25 or 32 calibre cartridge .

2) a rifle or shotgun that has been changed to make it less than 660mm or more in overall length.

3) a rifle or shotgun that has been changed to make it 660mm or more in overall length, with a barrel less than 457mm.

4) automatic firearms or converted automatic firearms.

5) any firearm classified by the Governor in Council and prescribed under the Criminal Code as being prohibited.

Prohibited firearms can only be acquired and traded/sold among people who had at least one prohibited firearm registered and in their posession prior to January 1995.

Prohibited firearms can be inhereted from spouse, brother, sister, child, or grandchild only, and this does not authorize the inheritor to acquire additional prohibited firearms. (as you can see...the plan is to eliminate these firearms over time since no new owners will be allowed .

In order to acquire a firearm of any type, including crossbows, you must pass a Canadian Firearms Safety Course, apply for an FAC (Firearms Acquisition Certificate)which is now changed to a PAL (Possession Acquisiton License) or a POL (Possession License).

All Guns must be registered by January 2002 or you are considered a Criminal under the Law and will face either Fine, Confiscation, imprisonment or all of the aforesaid.

IN CLOSING: all of these laws are in place to reduce crime the governemt says. You and I know how little value is in that statement. They can take all our guns away and it will have no impact on the crime rate. Acquiring an illegal handgun will always be possible for the criminal element. Our government seems content to legislate the responsible citizen our of his/her rights for Political expedience on behalf of the anti-gun movement.

Unfortunately, Canadians do not have their rights to bear arms imbedded in our constitutional laws. Just let them come to me and my childrens generation and ask us to go to war or serve with the UN!!!

Sorry---I'm getting a little hot under the collar every time I deal with these issues.

In order to apply successfully for a PAL or POL you must not be able to answer "Yes" to any of the following questions:

Have YOu ever :

1) Have you ever been prohibited by a court from possessing any firearm, ammunition or explosive substance?

2) Have you ever been refused or denied a Firearms Acquisition Certificate, Minor's Permit, Restricted Weapon Registration Certificate or firearm-related permit?

3) Have you ever had a Firearms Acquisition Certificate, Restricted Weapon Registration Certificate or firearm-related permit revoked or seized?

4) Has any member or you household, other than yourself, ever been prohibited, refused/denied, or had certificates, licenses, authorizations or permits revoked / seized under the former law or the Firearms Act?

During the past five years:

1) Have you been convicted or discharged (including absolute or conditional discharge) of an offence under the Criminal Code or the Young Offenders Act where violence was used, threatened or attempted?

2) Have you been convicted or discharged (including absolute or conditional discharge) of an offence involving the use, carriage, possession, handling or storage of any firearm or ammunition?

3) Have you been convicted or discharged (including absolute or conditional discharge) of a trafficking or importing offence under the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act (including similar offences under the former Narcotic Control Act and the Food and Drugs Act)?

4) Are you currently awaiting trial on charges for offences covered in the three questions above?

5) Have you been ordered by a court to keep the peace and be of good behaviour as a condition of a probation order, conditional discharge, peace bond or bail release order?

6) Have you been or are you currently on parole, statutory relase, probagion or subject to a conditional sentence?

7) Have you been convicted or discharged under provincial / territorial wildlife or game laws as they apply to the handling or discharge of a firearm?

HAve you threatened or attempted suicide, or been diagnosed or treated for depression, behavioural problems or emotional problems, or are you currently under treatment or taking medication for such/

9) Have you been treated for alcohol, drug or substance abuse including abuse of prescription drugs, or are you currently under treatment for taking medication for such.

10) Have you been convicted or discharged (including absolute or conditional discharge) or are you currently awaiting trial for an offence associated with drugs or alcohol?

11) Do you know if you have been reported to the police or social services for violence, threatened or attempted violence, or other conflict in you home or elsewhere?

During the past two years:

1) Have you experienced a:

a) divorce, separation, or breakdown of a significant relationship?

b) major failure in school, loss of job, or bankruptcy?

In closing:

Some of the above questions are downright intrusive on our privacy, and as a whole these questions will significanly limit licensing to the "Chosen Few".

Unread 03-30-2001, 06:12 PM   #8
Robert Wiggins
User

Default Re: Good Job Robert! Hey Dok-heres another photo for the Rogues Galler

John Sabato Asked:

Question:

What do you have to go through if you find a Luger that you want in order to purchase it?

Answer:

First I must supply all pertinent registration information to the government and request a transport permit from place of origin to my residence. I must already be in possession of a FAC/PAL certificate giving me authorization to acquire the specific type of firearm. In order to shoot the firearm I must be a registered member in a government authrized shooting club whos range has been approved and meets all the government specifications. I cannot transport the firearm to any shooting facility unless I'm in possession of a transport permit and I must be a member of an authorized club to acquire one.

I must apply for a permit to transfer the firearm to my place of residence

Question:

mport one from the U.S. ? Or are you only eligible to purchase one from the pool of weapons that were available in Canada before the big registration drive?

Answer:

I can import one but customs becomes a nightmare and I must have all the necessary documentation as identified in question 1 above in order to have customs release it to me.

GOD!!!

Why do you keep asking me questions that make me think about how lousy it is up here for firearms Colectors/shooters. Just kidding. Actually I hope it make all you US shooters wake up and smell the coffee! If you are not NRA supporters your days are numbered. Once you loose your rights it is next to impossible to get them back.

I hope you see my writings as a wake up call!

Unread 03-30-2001, 09:09 PM   #9
Frank
RIP
Patron
LugerForum
Patron

Default Thanks Robert, I have thought that way for many years!!! (EOM)

Unread 03-30-2001, 09:16 PM   #10
Dok
RIP

Default I got it! Thanks! :) (EOM)