LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > New Collectors Forum

Unread 12-14-2013, 02:10 AM   #21
james83
User

Ok these pictures are not very good but im trying.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8251.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	85.1 KB
ID:	38439  

Name:	IMG_8250.jpg
Size:	93.9 KB
ID:	38440  

Name:	IMG_8248.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	83.3 KB
ID:	38441  

Name:	IMG_8240.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	82.9 KB
ID:	38442  

Name:	IMG_8231.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	74.3 KB
ID:	38443  

Name:	IMG_8232.jpg
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	38444  

james83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2013, 02:56 AM   #22
james83
User

Ok so I think the pictures of my luger are uploaded, but I don't think they are very good.
Hopefully somebody can give me an opinion on my luger, I finally picked it up this morning, took it to work with me field stripped it, all the numbers I can find match on all the parts, the bore looks decent, Still wish it was a 9mm and not .30 but that's because I do not handload so the ammo seems to be expensive and hard to find.
I wanted this gun as a shooter and it seems ok so far (looks like a previous owner put some paint on the backstrap of the pistol at some point)
I thought it would be easy to buy a replacement magazine my latest CDNN catalog had mec gar p08 mags listed at $27 bucks each but I guess they do not actually have any!

I really have wanted a luger for a long time and im glad I have one now but im kind of regretting paying so much for a .30 commercial luger with one magazine in rough condition

I'll try post some better pictures when I figure out how, and if my fellow forum members have an opinions or information about this pistol its most welcome

the serial number is 9368 and every part stamped '68'

hopefully I can get out to the woods and put a few rounds through this pistol soon.

My .30 luger ammo I got off gunbroker (just in case anybody is looking for some)
Unread 12-14-2013, 07:51 AM   #23
Patronen
User

It looks as if at one point someone ground off the stock lug and then applied paint to the metal.
Unread 12-15-2013, 06:44 PM   #24
james83
User

Yes it looks like the black paint on the backstrap of the pistol has been there for a very long time, it looks like some kind of model paint. I really do not know very much about luger pistols, I read that the stock lugs were ground off commercial lugers prior to import in the 1920's. The rest of the finish on the pistol looks original to me as the color looks the same and the wear looks pretty even. I would be really interested to hear everyones opinions on my luger.

Im happy with it as I have wanted one for a very long time, I have not had chance to fire it yet but hopefully I will get time to head out to the woods next weekend, hopefully the gun actually works. I managed to order a new magazine for it from numrich gun parts.

I think eventually I would like to get another luger in 9mm to keep this one company in my safe.

Unread 12-15-2013, 09:30 PM   #25
DavidJayUden
Patron
LugerForum
Patron

Thanked 1,414 Times in 887 Posts

Looks like a fine Luger you have there. Enjoy. And I hope you don't mind me saying that it does indeed look lonely. Better go buy another...
dju
DavidJayUden is offline   Reply With Quote
The following member says Thank You to DavidJayUden for your post:
Unread 12-16-2013, 09:15 AM   #26
John Sabato
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,096 Posts

James,

Welcome to the Lugerforum... always room for one more Luger enthusiast... You don't even have to own one to be a member here... the membership fee is the same ($0)... Read back as far as you can and you will get an education on the history, engineering, and magnificent pride in ownership of the most recognized pistol in the world.

"...We hold these truths to be self-evident that ALL men are created EQUAL and are endowed by their Creator with certain UNALIENABLE rights, and among these are life, LIBERTY, and the pursuit of happiness..."
John Sabato is offline   Reply With Quote