LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 03-27-2002, 01:20 PM   #1
tom collins

Default on-line shopping/dealer crap

i've got to vent.

after 20 plus days of waiting i finally got in my C&R! great! with that said i sent out fed ex/overnight the signed copies to 2 dealers whom i had purchased 2 lugers from. now, these lugers were paid for already and just waiting on the C&R to arrive. everyday i waited with anticipation for that damm C&R, so when it came i couldn't wait to send it and get my lugers ASAP.

well, guess what? the "dealers" sent them out standard priority mail which means my $1300 in lugers are floating around somewhere for 2 to 3 days and i'm still sitting here with SQUAT!

now, it is my understanding that the internet is all about speed and instant gratifacation. i've been ordering on-line now for years and almost all of it is overnight delivery. almost everything but these damn guns! the 2 to 3 day delivery kinda defeats the purpose of shopping online. i can understand if the order was under $20 and a fed ex might double the cost - but for jesus freaking christ - this is over $1000's.

WORD to ALL dealers - FED EX. learn it - live it. and stop pissing me off.

now, if you'll excuse me i'm going to go back to stareing into space for a few more days.

Unread 03-27-2002, 01:24 PM   #2
Lonnie Zimmerman
User

Default Re: on-line shopping/dealer crap

Since you pay the shipping, I am sure you only have to ask to have it sent next day. It works for me.

Lonnie

Unread 03-27-2002, 01:30 PM   #3
Frank on the Rock

Next time try Russian Spetznaz mail system...

Unread 03-27-2002, 01:36 PM   #4
Frank on the Rock

When it positively has to get there today try Norfolk & Way...

Unread 03-27-2002, 01:52 PM   #5
BCC

Tom, I'm sorry if I cain't feel your pain. Most people that I have talked too waited 6 to 12 weeks (some longer) for their C&R. I have spent years looking for many things that I have in my collection (close to 20 years for some items) and I don't think that being patient has made me a worse person. I guess it all comes down to each his own and if overnight delivery is that important I suppose it will have to be specified. I do wish you the best for you in your collecting endevours, but if you would allow me to offer some advice, I would say relax a bit and don't let the small stuff get you upset...We are all on this earth a short while and in the scheme things none of this stuff is that important.

Unread 03-27-2002, 02:58 PM   #6
tom collins

Default C&R actually took over 50 days.my bad(EOM) (EOM)

Unread 03-27-2002, 05:55 PM   #7
Luke
User

Default My C&R came TODAY :D Required 37 days. (EOM)

Unread 03-27-2002, 06:35 PM   #8
tracyp
User

Default Your lucky :(

At least you only have to get a C&R. Here in the Republic of Kalifornia you have to also have a Certificate of Eligibility. This has to be renewed every year and you have to be fingerprinted. It costs $72 the first year and $18 after that.

Unread 03-27-2002, 06:44 PM   #9
Luke
User

Default Re: Your lucky :(

Kalifornia has always been the "bellwether state" . . . . this is probably the future for all of us.

Unread 03-27-2002, 07:58 PM   #10
Art Buchanan

Default Luger shipping

Cost of shipping Lugers has changed in past 3 years or so. UPS will now only ship handguns next day air. Rifleman had article a couple years back. UPS got in deep S with IRS about their Isurance Co. They said it was separate business and they lost lots of money on theft. IRS said no---all same Co and UPS paid millions in back income tax. Now they stick it to us to recoup. They say next day makes less hands to go through and therefore less theft. FEDX same. I just sent a $1500 Luger next day for more than 1000 miles--cost almost $40. Ins was only $4+. Now I could have sent same via US post office registered priority mail for about $16. This is legal---post office has a half page form to complete. But ship time would have been about 6 days. The Feds, UPS and FedX won't stop us ---just make it so costly and inconvient that some day we may just say the Hell with it! Govt has a way of getting their way sometimes.

Unread 03-27-2002, 08:04 PM   #11
66mustang

Default so, that means while we can, we should all buy, buy!

Unread 03-27-2002, 09:53 PM   #12
Chuck Shoun
User

Default Re: Luger shipping

Being an older collector, I have found that patience becomes a part of life -- whether it's waiting for a C & R, or a mail-order firearm, or the wife using the bathroom. One thing I have found (in all three cases) is that I really enjoyed the results.

Unread 03-27-2002, 10:04 PM   #13
Jay Newman
User

Default At least we pay no sales tax (so far) (EOM)

Unread 03-27-2002, 10:52 PM   #14
bh

and the cost and time doesnt necessarily mean security either....bought a navy from ralph last november, he sent it UPS next day air,,,and i never recieved it,,,and, took act of congress to get the money outta them.....really kinda tried to weazel out of paying, and took plenty of phone calls and talking to lots of people to ever get paid back.....plus, losing a good navy luger to a thief really irks me.......

Unread 03-27-2002, 11:54 PM   #15
mlm

I know the anxiety of waiting and waiting only to have last minute unexpected events add to the frustration. Because this is an outlet for me from the stresses at my unreasonably stressful job, the problems encountered in shipping and buying, etc., are especially annoying. Despite that, you will receive your lugers soon and I hope they are just what you wanted. I am trying to recover from annoyance with a seller who offered a CZ27 to me for a price, I accepted it, and had just put together the payment letter when I emailed to tell him I was going to mail payment--guess what.

He says someone else offered to buy it and he told me not to send payment. So much for violating a verbal contract. That is the short version, the details are not important.

I get tired of this stuff sometimes.

dm

Unread 03-28-2002, 11:03 AM   #16
schwob
RIP

Default Re: Luger shipping, patience

"Patience is a virtue, men have none, women have very little"......ANNON