LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > General Discussions

Unread 01-04-2013, 06:09 PM   #1
Edward Tinker
Super Moderator
Eternal Lifer
LugerForum
Patron

Thanked 4,524 Times in 2,090 Posts
Default Pat Toomey Letter back to me (politics, sorry)

I wrote the President and my two senators via the NRA, received two responses back from the Penn folks, they have always been responsive, was very pleased to see this from my Senator
Quote:
January 4, 2013

Dear Mr. Tinker,

Thank you for contacting me about the killings in Newtown, CT. I appreciate hearing from you.
Like all Americans, I was horrified and sickened to learn about the mass murder in Newtown, CT on December 14, 2012. As you know, Adam Lanza murdered 26 people that day, including educators and young children at Sandy Hook Elementary School and his mother at her house, before committing suicide. My thoughts and prayers are with the victims and the families who were affected.
In response, we need to come together as a nation, carefully reflect on what happened, and have a thoughtful dialogue on how we can improve public safety and protect our children. Of note, this atrocity in Newtown was the direct result of serious mental illness - something we have consistently observed in other mass killings over the years. We therefore need to better protect ourselves from mentally ill individuals who seek to carry out such atrocities. We also need to review and improve how we take care of the mentally ill. I therefore value your input on this issue and look forward to Congress debating which policies should be implemented to improve public safety.
Thank you again for your correspondence. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future if I can be of assistance.
Sincerely,

Pat Toomey
U.S. Senator, Pennsylvania
Nothing about gun control, and although we will be hit with something, this was an extremely good reply IMHO.

NOTE: I plan on writing real letters (printed from computer) but SIGNED by me to them and others over the weekend. REAL letters make a huge difference, esp to the Republicans AND Democrats in office who are pro-gun...

Ed
Author of Veteran Bring Backs Vol I, Vol II, Vol III and Vol IV

Edward Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 6 members says Thank You to Edward Tinker for your post: