LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 03-22-2002, 02:17 PM   #1
Andy

Default Loss of lubrication

My luger is in great condition. I dont shoot it because of this but its looking bone dry. Is there something good on the market someone can recommend? I would like to keep preserving it. Thanks Andy

Unread 03-22-2002, 02:38 PM   #2
Lonnie Zimmerman
User

Default Re: Loss of lubrication

Breakfree CLP!!!

Lonnie

Unread 03-23-2002, 08:58 AM   #3
N Keller

Andy,

If you send me an address I'll send a sample of the synthic lube we make. It has a rust inhibutor in it. It will stay on the gun as well. It is the lube that was used in the FBI's HRT gun trials for the extended firing runs. 20 000 rounds with re lubing every 2 000.\ Neil

Unread 03-23-2002, 10:05 AM   #4
Marvin
User

Neil,

Is your synthetic lube similar to a product called "Plastilube"? I don't know if you are familiar with Plastilube or not, but I still have a small amount of this wonderful lubricant. I was using this on my M-14 in competition about 25 years ago and it was the best stuff I had ever used. Several years ago I tried to find the manufacturer and found out that it was no longer made.

Do you have a website to go to?

Marvin

Unread 03-23-2002, 04:40 PM   #5
N Keller

There is a web site at www.kustom-ballistics.com.

The lubricant was developed due to the fact that we were having problems with our competition pistols. The result was a lubricant that works well with about all firearms. It has a boil point above 400 and a flash point above 700. Works for us and considerable number of the top competition shooters.

Neil

Unread 03-23-2002, 05:35 PM   #6
Marvin
User

Neil,

Thanks for the information and you have a nice website! I will be ordering some of the lubricant soon as I know the synthetic lubricant is better than the oil based lubes. The Plasitlube I once used was a grease, with the consistancy of auto wheel bearing grease.

I have never used your product, but from my experience and what I read on your wesite, this is the lube to use on Lugers.

A couple of the best things about synthetic lubes is the ability to adapt to various temperatures and not "wash away", even when cought in rain. While in Vietnam, I had my wife ship me the Plastilube and it would never get washed off the rifle like the regular GI stuff. After fording a river, or being in a 36 hour rain, the synthetic lube was still there and working.

Marvin