LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 03-21-2002, 11:17 AM   #1
sammyj1959

Default swiss luger?

I was looking at a luger made for the swiss in the early 1900's, it has very strange half moon style ejecter grips to open the action instead of the normal round style.It is told to me they only made 3,000 of these, serial # is 2000 to 3000 thats all I know, would it be worth 6,000$ what the guy wants for it, I'm still new at it any help would be veryhelpfull Thank You

Unread 03-21-2002, 11:32 AM   #2
David Jackson
User

Default Re: swiss luger?

Hi SammyJ;

More information is always helpful.

The serial number, the markings, the toggle style, grip safety or none, and so on. There are some experts who frequent this forum who can help you identify what you are looking at but as there are numerous variations more info is needed.

David J.

Unread 03-21-2002, 07:12 PM   #3
Herb
User

Default Re: swiss luger?

Some info-- There was supposedly four variations of the Swiss 1900 Model Luger.

Type 1 was numbered from 1 to about 2000 and was distinguished by a narrow trigger and a narrow grip safety.

Tpre1A had a 14mm knurled section safety lever and type 1b had a raised 10mm section.

Type 2 was numbered from about 2000 to 3900, plus some rebuilds numbered 5001a to 5100a. All hac narrow triggers, fluted safety levers and wide grip safeties.

Type 3 was numbered from about 3900 to 5000 and had wide triggers, wide grip safeties and fluted safety levers.

Type 4 were German commercial models with 4 digit serial nembers and were like the type 2 models. Someone else will have to give you and idea of value. They will have to have a lot more info though. As you can see from the foregoing, there were at least 5000 of the Swiss Lugers made.