LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 03-18-2002, 10:19 PM   #1
Mark N.

Default Mauser Interarms Lugers Question--NEWBIE HERE

New here and to Lugers---Does anyone own one of these Mauser Interarms Lugers? I have been toying with the idea of possibly buying one, but I think the first thing I want to know is, are they worth really getting or not from a collectors stand point of view.Im leaning into the commercial types. And I saw these, many still NIB from like the early 1960's 70's.I dont know much about these, but I do like the Swiss styling of Lugers.Does any one also have a few pics of one, perhaps a 4" or 6" Swiss style frame?(not American Eagle) Id love to see some good detailed pictures of one, Simpsons doesnt have any pictures of them on thier site. Any input would be greatly appreciated!!!!! And, yes..Im back and here to stay...

Unread 03-18-2002, 11:05 PM   #2
Mark N.

Default Re: Mauser Interarms Lugers Question--NEWBIE HERE (EOM)

Unread 03-18-2002, 11:17 PM   #3
G.T.
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 3,583 Times in 989 Posts
Default Re: Mauser Interarms Lugers Question--NEWBIE HERE

Hi Mark! And welcome to the forum! Although probably not as hotly sought after as the pre 1945 types...the Mauser parabellums are definitly starting to find there own niche! They are quite well made, and if you buy them as NIB, for a reasonable price, you can't go wrong! I'm sure some of the more knowledgable forum members will fill you in, good luck! till....later....G.T.

Unread 03-19-2002, 12:03 AM   #4
Doug
User

Mark, I own three of them all are Swiss grip styles two with 6" barrels (most common) and one 4". I shoot one of the 6" infrequently and find it to be quite accurate. And a bit more pleasant to shoot since it doesn't have the stock lug to dig into your hand. If I were you I'd look for a $450-$550 gun in the box fired but well maintained. Don't bother to buy a NIB gun as the minute you shoot it you lose. I have bought them for $450-$500 NIB, but that was 5+ years ago. Don't get in a rush and check the various boards and even post that you are looking for one. You'd be appalled at the number of Neanderthals that don't have any desire to own or collect Lugers.

Unread 03-19-2002, 10:19 AM   #5
Wm. "Pete" Ebbink

Mark,

If you do a Message Board "search" for the topic "Interarms", you should get lots of Forum folks' pros & cons...

There are some nice photos of the 6" swiss style on Guns-America...

I recently bought my 6", 9mm swiss NIB from a Forum member, Tom Heller, at hellerarms.com for $ 825.00 + shipping & insurance. It's a lovely luger.

Yes it has some machining marks and is dipped blue, but I did not care. I was looking for my first luger and wanted a decent shooter.

I went against some advice and made my NIB a shooter. It is a brand new gun and I did not want to possibly chase replacement parts and nurse an older shooter. To me this 6", 9mm gives me all the benefits of shooting a Navy without the costs of $ 4-6K and even higher to get a real Navy. And it has that radical swiss-style front grip...

My Mauser-Interarms, out of the box, is my most accurate shooter (out of 11 different guns, many with 6" bbl and adjustable sights...).

If you read the Forum search results; you will see that some luger purist do not consider these as real lugers, while others do and place them in the 4th. luger era (post WWII), right behind the other luger eras (the Imperial, the Weimar, and the 3rd. Reich eras...). This is a debate that has no right answer and a debate that will not end...

I, too, am a luger beginner; so take my opinions with a grain of salt, as they say...