LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > New Collectors Forum

Unread 08-07-2008, 01:37 PM   #1
gartlr
New User

Default Mitchell p-08 stainless luger parts

Does anybody know where I can get an extractor for a mitchell p-08 american luger. It is stainless and I believe made by amico.

THanks

Rob
gartlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2008, 03:39 PM   #2
John Sabato
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,096 Posts

Welcome to the Lugerforum Rob.

'Aimco' is based in Houston, and now goes by the name of Orimar Corp, PO box 8767, Houston,TX 77249-8767, (713) 305-8540 . They made ALL of the stainless steel Lugers that have been produced under any label.

The links and resources page of our website has contact information for Orimar Corp. and many other suppliers of orignal Luger parts and accessories.

Let us know how you make out with them. If you cant find a stainless one, an original or reproduction extractor should fit a Mitchell P.08 with some minor fitting, and will put your Luger back in operation.

"...We hold these truths to be self-evident that ALL men are created EQUAL and are endowed by their Creator with certain UNALIENABLE rights, and among these are life, LIBERTY, and the pursuit of happiness..."
John Sabato is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2008, 04:42 PM   #3
lugerholsterrepair
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 3,105 Times in 1,429 Posts

Rob, Out of idle curiosity..What happened to the one that came with the pistol?

Jerry Burney

Yuma AZ 85367-6182

lugerholsterrepair@earthlink.net

928 342-7583 (CO & AZ) Year Round
719 207-3331 (cell)

"For those who Fight For It, Life has a flavor the protected will never know."
lugerholsterrepair is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2008, 08:01 PM   #4
Navy
RIP

Rob,

Several years ago I bought several of these as gifts for family members. Had a problem with take=down lever and toggle link. In my dealings with them, their POC was a Mr. Romo. he was extremely helpful and solved my problem without a lot of BS.

Tom A.

Tom A
Navy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2008, 11:13 PM   #5
gartlr
New User

Talked w/ Mr Romo he is going to send a new extractor, mine does not have the tabs, not sure what he is going to charge me though, told me to email the parts needed. The pin in the extractor broke in 2 places and wollowed out, appears to be soft steel, not sure how it happened, found this out when I went to replace the spring because it was week. Was also geting light hits thing it was not in full battery mabey cause of the extractor? We'll see what happens.
Unread 08-10-2008, 08:36 PM   #6
Dentex
New User

Quote:
Originally posted by John Sabato
Welcome to the Lugerforum Rob.

'Aimco' is based in Houston, and now goes by the name of Orimar Corp, PO box 8767, Houston,TX 77249-8767, (713) 305-8540 . They made ALL of the stainless steel Lugers that have been produced under any label.

The links and resources page of our website has contact information for Orimar Corp. and many other suppliers of orignal Luger parts and accessories.

Let us know how you make out with them. If you cant find a stainless one, an original or reproduction extractor should fit a Mitchell P.08 with some minor fitting, and will put your Luger back in operation.
Mr. Sabato,
I assume Mr. Romo remains in business according to a thread dated two days ago. You seem to be the most knowledgeable on the subject. I bought a American Eagle from Mr. Romo in 2001. The date beneath the eagle is 2000. Mine has been fired about 30 times. I noticed a small hairline crack in the trigger plate and would like to have this replaced. It looks like a mfg. defect in the casting. I had to send the gun back 1 month after purchase for another problem I had and he sent me some magazines so I was pleased then. I am hoping he will replace the plate as of course it needs to be stainless. I really like this gun and realize it has no historical value but that is not why I bought it. Any input on your part would be most appreciated. Thank you.
Dentex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2008, 10:52 PM   #7
John Sabato
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,096 Posts

Dentex,

Welcome to the Lugerforum.

Based on the rest of this thread, My recommendation would be to use the same methods and contact Mr. Romo directly. I am encouraged that he will provide the service you need by the recent situation with the extractor above. Let us know how you make out on this repair.

"...We hold these truths to be self-evident that ALL men are created EQUAL and are endowed by their Creator with certain UNALIENABLE rights, and among these are life, LIBERTY, and the pursuit of happiness..."
John Sabato is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2008, 06:21 PM   #8
Alx
User

Soft metal, poor fit, excessive factory hand-buffing, and non-interchangability of many of the parts, caused me to give up on keeping one of these in operation. I had bought three of them thinking one at least would be servicable, but none of the three was within reason reliable. They make attractive paper-weights, or curios, and will possibly interest certain Luger collectors.

Last edited by Alx; 11-26-2008 at 11:03 PM.
Alx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2008, 10:43 PM   #9
Dentex
New User

Here is the deal with Aimco. I spoke with Mr. Romo and described the situation to him. He said to send him the part and he would most likely replace it. The caveat is that there were three different "generations" of these pistols and all the parts are dimensionally different so swapping out parts is a crapshoot. Mine was an early 3rd gen. model, marketed by Aimco. Late 3rd gen. was roll marked Orimar. The 1st gen. models went to Mitchell and the 2nd gen. models went to Stoeger. Aimco today consists of spare parts in very limited quantity for these pistols. The actual guns have and remain out of production for the past several years. Mine has served me well and Mr. Romo has satisfied me on customer service issues. He did mention that the investors did not materialize in order for production to continue so the project became cost prohibitive.
Dentex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2008, 01:53 PM   #10
gartlr
New User

Still waiting for Mr. Romo to send me the extractor. He was very nice on the phone. I believe that he is just extremely busy, I hope that he is able to get back to me soon.
Unread 09-13-2009, 02:28 AM   #11
aezcur
New User

Unhappy

Did you ever get your part?
aezcur is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2009, 07:59 AM   #12
gartlr
New User

I did get my part. They came as promised, though they did take a while though. I ended up finding what I needed by another source and returned the parts to Mr. Romo. He is an easy going guy and will work with you.
Unread 09-14-2009, 11:05 AM   #13
policeluger
RIP

I've been waiting for about 6 weeks for the same part, he would not fill the order over the phone, I had to email it and he will invoice it, the part, to me.....he tells me my order is sitting on the work beanch waiting for some helper who has been gone several weeks to mail it for him....no I do not think he is busy, just not a type A person.....
policeluger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2012, 12:03 AM   #14
jhgillette
User

Hello
Do you know if the above contact information is still good?
Thanks
Jim