LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > Off Topic & Other Firearms

Unread 03-10-2012, 09:50 PM   #41
cirelaw
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 4,133 Times in 2,173 Posts

Why would you even consider going back! Sounds strange!
cirelaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2012, 10:10 PM   #42
kmichaels90
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastermo View Post
Sir, Not to tell you your buisness, but I wouldn't leave my gun lying around unattended, while I went to the restroom. That's asking for it............Dave
=======================
A coward like that would lie in wait for conditions to be in his favor..... Alanint
======================
I have a $5 hip holster that I stick my 1911 in when I go downrange and I just carry the luger along. Though so far this year I have yet to encounter anyone but myself using the range. I must be the only person dumb enough to go out in subfreezing temps to shoot......KMichael90
======================
I agree with Jerry. I never leave a firearm unattended. I don't fear that anyone would mess with it, just steal it. It would be so easy for someone to pick a weapon up and be gone while you are in the butts--especially a handgun. Just my $0.02. .........Neil
=======================

Dave, Dave, KMichael90, Neil,
Wow, how different your ranges operate compared to here! Here one cannot carry a loaded weapon at all into the range or during in or out. They check you upon entering and signing in. Before cease-fire all, and I mean all weapons must be cleared and open bolts/breaches and each individual bench is checked by a ranger.
During cease-fire, you absolutely cannot be near or touch anything on the bench, or pack or unpack any gun, except pass between the benches to go to check or move targets, and while doing this one cannot carry any kind of loaded or unloaded weapon. Not, even Lugers KM-90.

Now, anyone can pass any bench they want going or coming back from ck'ing your targets. Some short-cut to put their target holders while preparing to leave.

When I went to the restroom, I thought it would be safe since it was during cease-fire and as Alanint said, " A coward like that would lie in wait for conditions to be in his favor." ---It would be very hard to detect someone who walks by and slyly drops the sand on the weapons. This would only take a second and he may be looking for witnesses the whole time. He doesn't have to see where he drops it for his hand is only inches away from his target.

And believe me the Park Rangers, approximately one every five benches plus the ranger on a high platform who loudly yells over the PA, will get the attention of anyone who violates this rule. Mostly new comers are the ones who think it is ok to just get close to their bench without touching anything or get something safe like glasses, etc. No they can't there is a blue line behind the benches about 8 ft. away we have to wait for everyone to return before the line becomes 'hot' again.

Both ranges run 7 days a week and during the wk. usually have around 60 to 100 shooters. And during the weekend, about 200 to 300.
M
The range I go to is completely outdoors and like I said there is absolutely no one there to oversee anything. The only person who would ever be there is there groundskeeper, who could give a hoot less what you do as long as your not shooting at him.
Unread 03-10-2012, 10:36 PM   #43
cirelaw
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 4,133 Times in 2,173 Posts

Do they have a branch here in Florida, Thank you for your insight!
cirelaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2012, 09:47 PM   #44
mastermo
User

"Do they have a branch here in Florida, Thank you for your insight!" ....cirelaw

---Nope, it is run by the state here in Arizona. It has the public range to 300 yds; members to 500 yds, btw, you can drive over to ck your target, lol.; the clay range; the juniors range; the pistols only range; and a silhouette range.

"Why would you even consider going back! Sounds strange!" .....cirelaw

---lol, I just got back awhile ago from there. Shot two hours with my Rugers and had a great time. And when I'll take my Arty and P38 I'll just follow the advice some gave me to be more watchful.
Thx. guys,
M
mastermo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2012, 12:30 AM   #45
mastermo
User

Oh, I forgot to add there is an archery range and a simulated hunting range also.
The shooting range from 7 to 5 for $7 bucks and archery $6 bucks parking and $2 bucks for targets.
M
mastermo is offline   Reply With Quote