LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 03-03-2002, 01:53 PM   #1
Wm. "Pete" Ebbink

Default Who's Mind The Store...?

Maybe with John D. and DOK both at the luger feeding frenzie at Ralph's place, no one is home minding the store...

Unread 03-03-2002, 02:11 PM   #2
John D.
Administrator
& Site Owner
LugerForum
Patron

Default Hi Pete..!!

Well - I'm writing this from the airport in Phoenix - and saw this thread. Unfortunately - I'm on a wireless connection, and I'd need to access the admin pages, which would be TERRIBLY slow!! (but I'll give it a try since our first flight was cancelled - so here we sit...).

BTW: - if the connection weren't so SLOW - I'd be posting digital pictures from the past several days ! What a terrific event, wonderful folks (31 were at the Banquet hosted by the Shattuck's last evening alone!), and outstanding venue!!!! Our thanks to all who supported and attended this years meeting - and look for pictures soon from many of us!!!

Unread 03-03-2002, 04:53 PM   #3
Bob in AZ
User

Default Re: Say John D.,,,

See John, you should have come out to the CAF with us after all. To bad about your flight getting cancelled. If you only knew ahead.

While the group was at the CAF our German Heinkel HE-111 came flying in after a check flight. Very exciting for all! The group also got to see our AT-6 take a flight and come in doing a low level fly-by. It was a great way to finish up the weekend. I think everyone is ready for a rest now.

Bob Pultz

Unread 03-03-2002, 07:06 PM   #4
John D.
Administrator
& Site Owner
LugerForum
Patron

Default Isn't THAT for sure!!!

We just de-planed from AZ - and now in the Kansas City Airport, and saw your post.. IT'S 17 DEGREES HERE!! Yikes!!! Makes NH (the final leg of the flight home) look like a tropical island paradise with 32+ degree weather

Both Jen and I are so sorry we didn't just skip the Phoenix Airport and meet the folks at the CAF - it had to be incredible!!! Grat Job - Bob - and thanks so very much - for pulling together what must have been a wonderful final day...!!! Can't wait for pics!

Unread 03-03-2002, 08:18 PM   #5
BILL
User

Default Re: Isn't THAT for sure!!!

17 degrees? Now that is mighty cold. But..you have some nice warm memories of a great event (actually, many great mini-events rolled into one). It has been one great time since meeting at the Tomek's..right up to the finale at CAF (yeah, it was kinda coolish on the tarmac, but seeing the WWII planes was well worth it). I have to say, after visting with Ralph and Nancy and examining so many wonderful examples of Lugers I could not sleep on Saturday night. How many times does one get to hold an unfired 1917 artillery? Or just get 'let loose' in a room with almost 2000 different Lugers in it? The closest I can come to describing it is being in a library and getting to sit down and 'read' through each book. A little overwhelming at first but once I realized I would not be able to take it ALL in I just focused on an area and several hours slipped away in the blink of an eye. Lugers are so neat but I have to say that meeting all the wonderful people is way too much for words. I want to thank everyone who showed up for both me and my wife Linda. We have had such a great time. (In fact, we are going to stick around for awhile )