LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 02-24-2002, 08:52 PM   #1
John D.
Administrator
& Site Owner
LugerForum
Patron

Default World Of Lugers/Luger Forum Trip Agenda/Update....

Hi..!!!

Well - after a slight delay due to travel, business, sickness, teen-age hockey games, the.. Awww - nevermind..:-)

Here is the agenda so far for the LugerForum/WOL trip coming up.. First, before beginning this note - a special THANK YOU to Ralph and Nancy Shattuck for opening their home to us and sponsoring dinner on Saturday evening.. As well, to Gerry & Carol Tomek - who as well - have opened their home to us on Friday evening. And a very special thanks to Herb - who has done more "behind the scenes" then folks will realize to get accommodations for us "out of towners" at an active Air Force Base in the Officers Quarters... And to Bob Pultz - for working his magic with Falcon Field Sunday Mar.3. As well - a special thanks to Thor - just for his unbridled enthusiasm which helped all of us to maintain the excitement.... Thanks to all of you..!!! And a special thanks to all of those who will be attending - this should be a fantastic gathering...

OK - here we go.....

Friday Evening. Dinner and gathering at Gerry & Carol Tomek's 316 West Straford Dr., Chandler AZ ((480) 632-6565). Start time will be about 4:00 PM. Dinner will begin sometime after, but is tentatively scheduled at 6:30(ish). Departure from Gerry & Carol Tomek at 9:30 PM - 10PM.. During that time - we will be diving up the folks into two groups to visit Ralph's showroom. Dress, Casual.

Saturday AM - at 7:30 AM to 9:00 AM - Breakfast at Denny's Restaurant - 8131 W Bell Rd - Peoria ((623) 486-8505) (Directions at http://yp.yahoo.com/py/ypMap.py?Pyt=Typ&tuid=8809134&ck=4237630238&tab=B2C&city)

Saturday 10AM - 12/12:30 - first group to visit Ralph and Nancy's house (Second group - I have some directions to the Malls and local sights)... Dress - casual. Also, cotton gloves WILL BE available, so if you would like to handle the Lugers - please ask for a pair of gloves:-)

Saturday 1:30 - 3:30/4:00 PM - second group to visit Ralph and Nancy's house Dress - casual. (First group - I have some directions to the Malls and local sights for you as well)...

Saturday Evening - 5:30 to 9:00 PM - Dinner at the Country Club sponsored by Ralph and Nancy. Cash Bar only, please. Menu is prearranged - so, please just bring your appetites!

Sunday AM at 8:30 AM to 9:30 AM - Breakfast at Denny's Restaurant - 8131 W Bell Rd - Peoria ((623) 486-8505)

Sunday after breakfast - some will be departing, but Bob Pultz has generously offered to show us around Falcon Field (home of the Confederate Air Force!!) and have several aircraft open for display/boarding including The a B-17 and HE-111. Admission is $3 (I think???)...

Attendees:

Bob Pultz

Ron Wood

Herb Keister (2)

Paul Erickson

Luke Smithwick

Les Center (2)

Edward B Tinker

Ted Green (2)

Hugh Clark

Dan Clemons

Robert J Tracy

Bill Stanley (2)

David Larson (2)

Bill Forsythe (2)

Gerry Tomek (2)

Ron Wood (2)

Steve Lempitski (tenative)

Tracy Powell

John Dunkle (2)

Ralph And Nancy

See you there!!! (Also - if you would like to attend - PLEASE E-MAIL ME ASAP!! We have to confirm dinner reservations at the Country Club!!)

John D.

Unread 02-24-2002, 09:48 PM   #2
Thor
User

Default Re: World Of Lugers....ONE more Thing.....

Talked to Ralph today and he told me to make sure and please if you handle a Luger, dont walk around then after you are done you will have one hell of a time finding the right location to put it back. These 1100 Lugers are in order and Ralph and Nancy will have ONE HELL OF A TIME, trying to find a particular gun in this mass of Lugers if it is put back in the wrong place. Please respect their hospitality and realize the handling of guns in the inventory area will be okay if you do two things, put on a pair of gloves to protect these fine Lugers and put them back in exactly the slot you took it from. With so many people in a small area, these open slots can happen fast and you will turn around and be confused which of the open slots you took it from. Please be careful, polite and we might even get to go back! Trust me.....if you havent seen this awesome site and got to visit Ralph and Nancy you really are in for a huge treat! Thanks so much to them for doing this! I really appreciate their gracious hospitality and that of the Tomek's as well! ~Thor~

Unread 02-24-2002, 09:56 PM   #3
Dok
RIP

Default Excellent points! :) (EOM)

Unread 02-24-2002, 11:02 PM   #4
Ron Wood
2010 LugerForum
Patron

Location: Santa Teresa New Mexico just outside of the West Texas town of El Paso
Thanked 5,164 Times in 1,700 Posts
Default Re: About the gloves

Ralph was only able to come up with one or two pair of gloves for us to share, but no problem. I am bringing a couple of dozen to the gettogether Friday, so everyone should have their own pair. When you get a chance to enjoy a collection of this magnitude, white gloves aren't a fashion statement, they are a recognition of the contribution Ralph has made to the hobby. Can't wait to see you there!!

Unread 02-25-2002, 12:08 AM   #5
Tracy

Default Re: World Of Lugers/Luger Forum Trip Agenda/Update....

How many people are staying at the Studio 6 Motel. Would like to know before I leave home.

Thanks

Bob

Unread 02-25-2002, 12:40 AM   #6
tom collins

Default luger pictures

sure wish i could go but...

anyway if any of you gents have a digital camera with you, i*d really appreaciate a picture of a 1917 dwm that ralph is holding for me. you know how he is about pictures. have a great time and thanks.

Unread 02-25-2002, 03:19 AM   #7
Thor
User

My wife and I are staying there Bob and I will arrive Thursday afternoon. ~Thor~

Unread 02-25-2002, 03:21 AM   #8
Thor
User

Default Re: About the gloves

I had planned to bring a box of 100 gloves myself, so I think we got that covered. I buy them in bulk. ~Thor~

Unread 02-25-2002, 06:13 AM   #9
Luke
User

Default Studio 6

Bob,

I will be at Studio 6.

Luke

Unread 02-25-2002, 09:24 AM   #10
John D.
Administrator
& Site Owner
LugerForum
Patron

Default Re: luger pictures

Hi Tom..!

Typically - when a Luger has been purchased and Ralph is "holding" it for someone - he stashes away so no one can touch it. So, if you'd like one of us to snap some pics (I know both Ted and I will have digital cameras), please let Ralph know it's OK with you... I'd be happy to take some pics and send them to you when we return..!

Best,

John D.

Unread 02-25-2002, 11:58 PM   #11
Dan Clemons
User

Default Re: luger pictures

I'll have a digital camera with me as well. Happy to share my photos with anyone.

Dan

Unread 02-26-2002, 11:00 AM   #12
66mustang

Default Pooooor Tom

Now look what you did Tom!

There will be 75 pictures of your Luger, fights over who gets to take the pictures, scuffles, we won't be allowed back to Ralphs, his wife will bonk us in the heads with an iron for being rambunksious (sp big time) and your e-mail server will be overloaded and you'll get accused of harboring spam from the 300 MB's of pictures you get sent.

Of course the pictures will be crap from all the flashes taken at once...

Ed

Unread 02-27-2002, 01:19 AM   #13
Hugh
RIP

Bob,

My wife and I are staying at Studio 6.