LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 02-07-2002, 09:31 PM   #1
dgp42
User

Default To Bill M. fxo question

I have a fxo/37 aluminum btm. mag w/ 42 marked on the bottom below the front edge of mag.No other numbers or markings. Also have one w/ no makings of any kind on the bottom. Both appear to be original and untouched.Any info appreciated. dgp42

Unread 02-07-2002, 09:49 PM   #2
bill m
User

Default fxo questions

Hi,

To my knowledge there was never a fxo with the 42 on the base. The only magazine with a 42 on the base that I am aware of are the blue rolled variations with either a 42 or a 42 and a Eagle 655 on them with no serial numbers.

The fxo's with blank alumium bases are very common for the late byf 41 or byf 42 Lugers. These late Lugers could have either a blank black plastic or a blank aluminium based fxo magazine. They could also be used in the two digit Banners of 41 or 42. I also think that they were used as replacements and could be picked up as spares at the ammo depots. Hope that helps. -- bill

Unread 02-07-2002, 10:02 PM   #3
bill m
User

Default Another possibility

Hi,

Forgot to mention that in the byf 41 model there are guns in the no suffix block that it would be possible to have a fxo aluminium based magazine with just a serial number on it. In this case with just a 42 across the middle of the magazine base. The extra would have a 42 + on it. These fxo's with no suffix letters on them are seldom seen, and again, the number would be fairly small just like a regular serial number on a fxo magazine. -- bill