LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 02-03-2002, 04:46 PM   #1
Bill Utterback

Default OT: SPOON FED RICH COLLECTORS

Date: Thu, 31 Jan 02 18:19PM EST

To: Tula Tuco tulatuco@usa.net>

Subject: Re: Need some help

I'd like to respond that yes, the comments are from me. This is what I have to say to everyone who is collecting those guns and it is the official position of GunsAmerica.com:

YOU AIN'T NO HERO!

Fifty years ago, before smart bombs and stealth planes, there was only one thing standing in the way of the imminent and spreading tide of evil in the world. It was green, dirty, tired and most likely wouldn't make it living through the day. It was a US soldier.

If that soldier did make it through the meat grinder back home, I say he can take whatever he likes back with him. I don't care if he wants to pickle one of the animals heads and keep it in his pantry. He has every right.

But I'd like you to do something Mr. SPOON FED RICH COLLECTOR. I'd like you to ask that soldier how he feels about an estate liquidator making a buck on the guns he brought home. And ask him how he feels about you taking so much pride in owning this great rare and VALUABLE piece **THAT KILLED ABOUT A DOZEN OF HIS BUDDIES AND ALMOST KILLED HIM**. Ask him if he minds that because you either don't want or can't afford to buy HIS guns, the guns that killed those animals, that you treasure the ones he pulled from their cold dead evil hands. Ask that soldier if he rather see those guns buried with him or in your SPOON FED ON FREEDOM HE ALMOST DIED FOR HANDS.

GunsAmerica and I personally have been attacked because I am against the trading of Nazi weapons (may their names be blotted out) by people who claim to be righteous 2nd Amendment defenders. My answer is GET A CLUE!!!! A physical object carries with it the energy with which it was used. Why is an old Griswold skillet more valuable to you than a brand new Lodge you can buy at Walmart? Because it carries with it a history. These guns carry with them a history and that history is pure evil.

Bury them. Even if it's a financial loss, bury them. We can't police the sale of this stuff on GA. It's impossible with thousands of guns coming and going every week. So all the heros who are perfectly ready to call me a hypocrite can get that right out of the way. Most likely you are the type who wouldn't pay on our Honor System anyway, so it's better you to sell at the auction sites. We'd prefer to not make any money on these guns and we welcome anyone to cheat us out of the ten bucks should they sell one on GA. Most likely with this new interface we are putting in this will be made clearer in our terms and conditions.

I hope this clarifies the GunsAmerica position. You may post this in it's entirety at your will and leisure. I am sorry for any spelling errors. shlomo helinski GA

Shlomo Helinski

GunsAmerica LLC

support@gunsamerica.com

http://www.gunsamerica.com

Unread 02-03-2002, 05:29 PM   #2
R. Grady/Roadkill

Default Re: OT: SPOON FED RICH COLLECTORS

This guy has got some real problems. I had eight uncles in WWII and all made sure I got their stuff because they knew I'd take care of it. It would be the ultimate insult to destroy the items they returned with. Estate sales mean the family needs/wants the $ more than the item. No one makes them sell it. Its not as if none of us were ever in the military.

Roadkill

Unread 02-03-2002, 06:05 PM   #3
Robert Wiggins
User

Amen to that!

Show me a war that has not resulted in war prizes being taken and I will be surprized. I remember my father telling me when I was young that it's not the gun that kills, it's the person holding it. Guns do not have souls or personalities as some would have you believe. They are just a tool. P.08's existed long before the Nazi's came along. Point is this, If a criminal is Catholic, does that mean that Catholicism is evil? Same goes for the P.08 i think!

nough said!

Unread 02-03-2002, 06:19 PM   #4
Bill Utterback

Guns are history. History includes both the good and the bad. Is a K98k used by Germans to invade France evil? What about a K98k used by Germans to invade France, then used by Israelis to defend Israel? What about a K98k used by Germans to defend Germany against Soviet invasion? What about a Polish WZ24 captured by the Germans, then captured by the Soviets, then given to China, then given to North Viet Nam, then given to the Viet Cong, then captured by Americans? It's all history.

Unread 02-03-2002, 06:57 PM   #5
Wesley
New User

Default we asked for it

Fellow collectors,

Why do not we refute his arguments instead of consenting to his assertion that the luger was the weapon of the Nazi? The Nazi era was but a fraction of its history. Our silence on this matter shows our pride in its association with the Nazi.

We should be ashamed to let his assertion stand as he quoted it.

Wes

Unread 02-03-2002, 07:59 PM   #6
The Shadow

Default Idiots

You can NOT argue with people like this! Just ignore the SOB and pass the word on to others about his view.

If he were sincere in his views, he would not allow such items to be sold on his venue...Obviously, the MONEY is what is important to him...hit him where it hurts....in the MONEY!

The Shadow Knows!

Unread 02-03-2002, 08:44 PM   #7
Herb
User

Default Re: Idiots

Shadow, I agree with you! If you can find one (I have three) read Hitler's Mein Kampf (My Battle) he explains why he came to hate the Jews. They brought it upon themselves, it wasn't an accident. I beleive the bible said that the Jews are the persecuted people, apparently some are getting tired of it or are living in the past and can't forget it. There are certain classes of minorities that I personally don't care for based upon past and personal experiences, but that doesn't mean that I would not take advantage of a good deal from one of them. Am I a hippocrit?? (sp)

Unread 02-03-2002, 08:44 PM   #8
sidhartha
User

To think that an object has an evil spirit attached to it is the most rediculos thing I ever heard. My grandfather fought in world war one and brought back a 1916 DWM. He passed away in 1983 and left it to my father Who in turn gave to me a few years ago. neither of them had done anything evil with it and I for sure don't plan to. Perhaps these people are watching to many Stephen king movies like Christine!

sidhartha

Unread 02-03-2002, 09:26 PM   #9
Art Buchanan

I have obviously missed a bunch of this thing!! What is going on?--- Is the K word and crap being rehashed? Lets talk Lugers here. Nazi, Kraut, WW11, Jew, GI, God and Country, God bless America, Jessie Jackson [can't belive I said that] I have have come to the conclusion that this forum is mostly interested in politically correctness and is mostly a clik of self appointed "good old boy experts" who lurk in the shadows to jump on every little thing that is not to their thinking and to brag on each other about their imaginary and undoucmented expertise. Let us talk about Luger history, documented info, personal experience, observed Lugers, and our preference in collecting. Now if I find myself banned from further comment here---so be it. Some of you guys scare the hell out of new Luger enthauists---they are afraid to ask a question, make a comment or tell us what they have. Oh yes! I just had a personal conversation with Ralph about this very subject at the KC show last week----See I personally know some of the Big Guys too---I even sold him 11 Lugers.

Unread 02-03-2002, 09:40 PM   #10
MikeP
User

You got to pay attention Art-otherwise you miss a few things--this has been going on all the gunboards for the last few days--Guns Amerika has shot himself in the foot.

Unread 02-03-2002, 10:42 PM   #11
Herb
User

Art. lighten up, this forum is to exchange ideas, be it good or bad, everyone has his right to an opinion. We hash it out here to get it off our chests, so to speak. You don't have to agree nor disagree with anyone, but I feel they have the right to have their say.

Unread 02-04-2002, 12:21 AM   #12
Thor
User

Herb, I agree with you. The forum decorum says we dont have to be right, sometimes we arent, but we are to conduct ourselves respectively! I am ALL for as many people as can to participate. That is what makes it fun! ~Thor~

Unread 02-04-2002, 12:44 AM   #13
JAMES
User

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Guns are inanimate objects. Metal, steel and plastic. Does the car get the blame in a vehicular homicide? Of course not. I realize I am singing to the choir. I own two guns made in Germany during WWII, a K98 and a Luger. The K98 that I own is an historically interesting specimen, as it was built in Erfurt (1938, pre-war) for sale to Yugoslavia. (stamped accordingly) Probably used against the nazis. What would gunsamerica say about this piece?

Unread 02-04-2002, 08:06 AM   #14
Dok
RIP

Default YES - Let's get back to Lugers, Gentlemen...

And let's leave this idiot and his politics be.

Unread 02-04-2002, 09:43 AM   #15
schwob
RIP

Default Re: YES - Let's get back to Lugers, Gentlemen...AMEN

Gentlemen....let us lay to rest the unfortunate ramblings of a very unhappy man, the guy from G.A. As was said he shot himself in the foot, that's a good place to start. Lightening up is also a good start, if you don't want to read about an unhappy misfit, hit the delete button, it's like the mute on the remote. We're here for us and our hobby. His misgivings are words spoken by a man who never found himself or his origins. Let us be on with our happiness,

L...let

U...us

G...gather

E...everything

R...relevant

'nuff said......Schwob

Unread 02-04-2002, 08:46 PM   #16
dgp42
User

Default Re: YES - Let's get back to Lugers, Gentlemen...

as my pappy always told me " you can't reason with an unreasonable person" IMO