LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > General Discussions

Unread 01-12-2011, 11:46 AM   #1
nukem556
User

Default Sigourney Weaver's Luger

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=210821771

Yep, Jackson Armory is up to their usual BS...except this time, it's blood "etching", not pitting.

Only kind of blood that could have done this is from the Alien!
Attached Images

nukem556 is offline   Reply With Quote
The following member says Thank You to nukem556 for your post:
Unread 01-12-2011, 12:05 PM   #2
Thor
User

that is a good one!
915-526-8925 Email
thor340@aol.com
-----------------------------------
John3:3
Jesus answered and said to him, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."
Thor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2011, 12:38 PM   #3
hansfischer007
User

Default Holy s..t

Just when you think it couldnt get any deeper or the stories any wilder ......cant believe they would advertise that.......However...I do have one I will add ..(.hopefully to put smiles on some faces.)..we sell Military Antiques(my Wife and I)...no Guns.!!!..just backpacks..WW2 Belts..knives..boots..etc..etc. at our local twice a year Military Show...../..once at a flea market...I picked up an American made "Bread Box"..made probably back in the 40s..it was just a plain old bread box....had a big area to put a loaf of bread in..and top part with a lid....for want of something to do in my shop one day..I.spray painted it with the WW2 German Helmet color...and put a Wehrmacht decal on the lid.....just had it on my table to keep receipts in at Military Shows....a guy came by and saw it.....said .."is that a Natzee Box.?".....why I said what I did...dont know why....however...I said...."yep...thats actually Hitlers Bread box...he kept his toast in it...a GI in 1945 went into his kitchen in Berchesgaden and kept it...I bought it from his widow"...and laughed when i said it.........wellllll.....he turned and hollered to his wife...."Hey Honey..come here..this guy has Hitlers Bread Box.!".....(my wife whispered ..you are so strange sometimes)....well....for the rest of the show.......we had a steady stream of folks coming by to see....."Hitlers Bread Box"......Ive still got it in my Library...it houses my WW1 German Cigarette Card collection...........at least I didnt have any "blood marks" on it............well...thats my story....hope you enjoyed it.....Hans Fischer
hansfischer007 is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 2 members says Thank You to hansfischer007 for your post:
Unread 01-12-2011, 01:28 PM   #4
aptech77
User

Found this gem a few days ago......you mean its b.s. Damn it, I'm the highest bid right now.
aptech77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2011, 01:55 PM   #5
alanint
User

Thanked 1,916 Times in 1,192 Posts

Looks more like it was dropped into a combine!
alanint is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2011, 01:56 PM   #6
Norme
Always A
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,603 Times in 933 Posts

Jackson Armory is a model of restraint compared to Phoenix Investment Arms, "the most trusted resource in Luger collectible guns". Their web site shows various SS, Afrikakorps, Hitler Youth and Reichsbahn Lugers, all identified by their accompanying belt buckles. I imagine that given a CSA belt buckle they could produce a Confederate Luger. Regards, Norm
Norme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2011, 02:05 PM   #7
Thor
User

Default Oh Well, just because!

The smell of cordite, blood and sweat hung heavy in the air! The rolling acrid smoke stung the young soldiers eyes as he peered through the haze of battle. Only faint moans of wounded soldiers muffled through the air and in the distance the faint clank of the machines of War from the retreating army. The soldier overwhelmed from the recent memories of the roar of battle, the cry of people being hit by small arms fire and artillery shrapnel stood in a daze remembering the recent senses reeling episodes of exploding shells, running and screaming people and all the other noises that made up the battle that had just concluded. Some of the smoke and haze cleared and the young soldier spied a German officer crumpled by several hits from a machine gun. He lay in an ackward crumpled heap that bespoke the violence of his death. Coming closer now………watching warily for any sign of life, the solider saw what he had long to find! A fine German pistol, or so he assumed, housed in a slightly blocky looking hard black case or holster as you yanks might call it. After certain the officer was stone cold dead, he removed the fine German pistol, glinting in the sunlight that was striving to clear the battle haze and smoke. IT WAS A LUGER, and real German Luger and upon close examination of the fine weapon, he knew he had found the personal weapon of the famous German General!! General Dieter Wilhelm Mauser!! For on the top of the toggle was inscribed the Generals initials in a fine scroll work! General DWM!!
915-526-8925 Email
thor340@aol.com
Jesus answered and said to him, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."
The following 3 members says Thank You to Thor for your post:
Unread 01-12-2011, 02:25 PM   #8
Don M
Patron
LugerForum
Patron

Ted, you could make the NY Times best seller list with stuff like this.

Author of History Writ in Steel: German Police Markings 1900-1936
http://www.historywritinsteel.com
Don M is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2011, 02:38 PM   #9
Thor
User

Don, I thank you! I sometimes dabble in thoughts of doing something crazy like try my hand in writing but everybody does that but not that many are blessed to work on Lugers. It is rather absurd when you consider what crazy creatures we are, when folks get the lust of a Luger in there heart from seeing one on a movie or something, the stuff they will believe is almost beyound belief! Wave the bait "Oh....so you like Lugers huh, not many of those around yanno! Made in Germany! FIIIIINE piece or artillery in such a small and wicked package. Balances nice in the hand dont it? That Luger was made for you son! Built by the German War Machine"
915-526-8925 Email
thor340@aol.com
Unread 01-12-2011, 02:44 PM   #10
hansfischer007
User

Default Hey...!!!!

What about my "Genuine"...and comes with a "COA"....(Certificate of Authenticity"........HITLERS BREAD BOX..???.......do ya think Gunbrokers.com would take it..????.....I mean it would come with the COA.......and that right there just seals the bargain.......How many times have I seen some weird item thats Guaranteed to be Authentic....because it comes with a COA.............///..it reminds me of a lady I worked with years ago.....she found out I was researching my family history......so she told me.....and I quote...."My grandmother is directly descended from Pochohontas.!!"...so I tried to keep a straight face...and asked...."how do you know..?"......and she replied like I was some big dummy........"Because she likes to take long walks in the woods.!"........well...that settled that argument...!!..........sighnnnnn............Blood Stains on the Luger...???.......wonder if it belonged to General Pochohontas.?".....
hansfischer007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2011, 02:53 PM   #11
nukem556
User

Default The story behind the story...

the "blood etching" story is bogus...after intense research the following facts were determined.

Feb 15th, 1945.....In response to a B-17 raid, the crumbling Luftwaffe struggles to present resistance....Oberleutnant Friedrich "Fireball" Shickelgruber is ordered aloft in one of the few remaining ME-163 Komet rocket planes. As the takeoff wheels drop away and his climb begins, his aircraft collides with a large flock of rare Bavarian flamingos. Control surfaces damaged, the Oblt. is able to skilfully crash land in a nearby farmer's field. Aware of the highly combustible and corrosive nature of the 163's T-Stoff and C-Stoff fuels, Shickelgruber quickly throws back the canopy and runs from the plane. Curiously, despite smoke and fumes erupting , the 163 does not explode. Later, with the help of the local farmer he retrieves his once-prized Luger, now hopelessly ruined by the corrosive fuel. Three months later, Shickelgruber is captured by advancing American GIs. Having heard rumors of their insatiable lust for P08's, he tries to trade his for nylon stockings and Hershey bars. Given the horrible shape his Luger is in, he only manages a swap for a single can of C-ration "Ham and Eggs, Chopped" The GI throws the Luger in his dufflebag where it remains for the next 60 years until his surviving relatives sell it to a gunshop in Texas.

Ha...take THAT, Jackson Armory, you're punks! I offer my services, as a copywriter/ Gun salesman @ $100.00/hr
Unread 01-12-2011, 03:18 PM   #12
Thor
User

Great story nukem! Loved it! yar good!
915-526-8925 Email
thor340@aol.com
Unread 01-12-2011, 03:41 PM   #13
alanint
User

Thanked 1,916 Times in 1,192 Posts

I actually KNOW an Me 163 Pilot! A Ritter Kreutz holder to Boot.

I'll ask if he still has his Luger!
alanint is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2011, 03:48 PM   #14
DavidJayUden
Patron
LugerForum
Patron

Thanked 1,414 Times in 887 Posts

Wow, and I thought that I had too much time on my hands...
dju
DavidJayUden is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2011, 04:58 PM   #15
nukem556
User

heheh..yeah, slow day at work. This is South Carolina post-5 inches of snow, chaos reigns.

Seriously though, that is some EXTREME corrosion on that Luger..almost looks like someone poured nitric acid on it.
Unread 01-12-2011, 06:21 PM   #16
Curly1
User

WOW my 1939 42 is worth over $2500 then according to his caclulations.

Gary
Curly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2011, 07:51 PM   #17
BogeyB
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Ted,

After reading your tale of daring-do, I think you should run for Congress! Your thundering oratory from the Well of the House would be awe inspiring!!

Mike
Unread 01-12-2011, 09:30 PM   #18
mrerick
Super Moderator - Patron
LugerForum
Life Patron

Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,509 Posts

I heard it like this:

May 2, 1945

Early that morning, Werner noticed that the SS Guards that were protecting him had all disappeared. He'd been holed up for a week at the abandoned ski lodge "Haus Ingeburg" high in the Bavarian Alps – and this made it clear that something had changed.

Werner, who'se arm was broken, asked his brother to help find the Americans since the last thing he wanted to encounted today was a Russian patrol. Magnus was only 26 years old, but he spoke better English than anyone else in the family. As Magnus rode his bicycle down the mountain road he thought about the amazing events that had led to this. Just as he crossed the Austrian boarder, he found himself staring down the barrel of an American private's M-1 Garand rifle...

Pfc. Fred Schneikert of the Anti-Tank company in the 324th Infantry spoke German well. He listened to the young man's story and thought he was a little crazy. Lieutenant Charles L. Stewart realized that Magnus' story was legitimate, and he gave him safe conduct passes to return to the scientists and bring the back to American lines. Magnus left and returned a short time later with Maj. Gen. Walther Dornberger of the German General Staff, and a dozen scientists including Werner Von Braun.

The German rocket scientists were quite valuable to the Americans. Major General Doctor Dornberger wasnt. What he did have was a beautiful German Luger, in dirty but unfired condition. As the scientists left the camp, he was relieved of his valuable, if muddy firearm.

Von Braun and his team brought supplies from Peenemunde that could establish their identity as rocket scientists. When the team discovered these stores, and started going through them, several cans of liquid were encountered. Upon opening a couple, it was clear that they were some kind of rocket fuel components. One smelled like naptha. The other like fuel oil.

Thinking it was good luck to find solvents like this, the Luger was washed with the fuel oil. Nothing seemed to happen. The dirt remained in place. Not wanting to scratch the beautiful Luger, rather than brush it, it was removed from the fuel oil, and the naptha was pored on it. The beautiful Luger immediately started smoking and burst into flames.

The result, less several ounces of hardened steel, is what you see before you today. Proof that it doesn't take a rocket scientist to clean a Luger!

Marc
The following member says Thank You to mrerick for your post:
Unread 01-15-2011, 02:55 PM   #19
unspellable
User

Oh well... I still have Goering's nickle plated Luger in my desk drawer.
unspellable is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2011, 05:53 PM   #20
pitsword
User

Ummm, Blood speckeling. Sound like something Dennis would say. I'll not say more.
pitsword
pitsword is offline   Reply With Quote