LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 01-21-2002, 03:01 PM   #1
Edwin Diolazo

Default 1911 Luger

I have a DWM 1911 dated P08 Luger, it does not have any Waffenampf on it and it seems that I have'nt seen that many Lugers for that date. Someone told me that this is a Kaiser Luger. Can any one comment on this pistol? Like numbers produced for that year? Thanks

Unread 01-21-2002, 03:09 PM   #2
mlm

Default Re: 1911 Luger

Your luger is one of the early military pistols and it precedes WaAmt inspection stamps of the third Reich by over twenty years. It does, however, have imperial-era inspection stamps just like WaAmt stamps in their purpose. Those inspection stamps are on the left side of the receiver near where the date is stamped over the chamber. All German inspection stamps appear in that location. The proof load test stamp appears on the barrel and is an eagle. The inspection stamps are old Germanic fraktur capital letters under a crown. There are 1910 dated DWM lugers preceding yours. Around 13,000 1911 lugers were made at the DWM factory and the serial numbers begin early in the c's (around 1500c) and run into the e's (at least to 4825e). There were some rework modifications made to many 1911 lugers in WW1 including addition of a hold-open latch (after firing last shot) and shortening part of the sear bar. Your luger should not have a stock lug at the rear of the pistol frame.

That's about it.

Dave

holsters and lugers