LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Commercial Lugers

Closed Thread
Unread 10-24-2009, 10:14 AM   #1
cloudbuster
New User

Default American Eagle Interarms Mauser

Hello to all. I am new to the forum and need some help please.

I recentlybought a Mauser made, P08 9mm Luger, new in the box, it never had been fired, made in the 1970's by Mauser, it was pristine, fit and finish were excellent, a beautiful piece.

So much for beauty. The first time I shot it, it jammed after 6 shots and several more times thereafter. Usually it failed to have a round enter the chamber with it's nose hitting too high on chamber entrance. This seemed to be related to one of the two mags that came with the pistol. Note that different types of ammo did the same thing. The pistol was cleaned and examined closely, no major problems found- left grip panel slightly loose, perhaps causing the mag catch spring to be misaligned since the grip panel holds this flat spring in place.

Two new after-market mags purchased and the the spring was shimmed to immobilize it. Back to the range. Different type of jams; failures to extract, leaving fired case in the chamber, and failures to feed, the bolt failing to strip a round from the mag and failure of the bolt to stay open on the last round. Two different types of ammo used and several different mags used.

I would sure appreciate any and all thoughts on this problem. I love the gun, but want it to function properly.

Thank you.

Jimmie Blackwell
Unread 10-24-2009, 10:18 AM   #2
Thor
User

Make sure all the spring, mag springs, extractor spring are strong, that is a good place to start. If the hold open is moving right the ammo might be a shade weak, how far are the empties landing from the gun, do they dribble out or are the thrown a good 10' up in the air?
915-526-8925 Email
thor340@aol.com
-----------------------------------
John3:3
Jesus answered and said to him, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."
Unread 10-24-2009, 10:59 AM   #3
Lugerdoc
Patron
LugerForum
Patron

Jimmy, Since only one of your original mags was a problem, it's feed lips or spring are probably in need of repair. The after market mags, probably also need stronger spring and +P ammo to balance out the strong MP recoil spring. On the other hand, you could install a weaker recoil spring if you don't mind altering the gun from original specs. I do have available some of GT's strongest recoil springs @$10 each if you wish to instqll them yourself. If not, I suggest your contact him on this forum. TH
Unread 10-26-2009, 05:11 AM   #4
cloudbuster
New User

Default Interarms Luger

Thanks very much for the reply.

I would like to buy two of the recoil spings you have. Also, if you have any stronger Mag springs I would like to purchase a couple of those from you as well

Please send me your mailing address and total costs and I will get money off to you right away or if you accept paypal just send me an invoice to jimmieblackwell@austin.rr.com.

Thanks again
Jimmie
Unread 10-19-2010, 07:16 AM   #5
sabbathmusic
Banned

The ammunition is underpowered! The jams you are describing to me FOR sure indicates this! Go to the Sportsmanguide and buy Sellior and Bellot 9mm. THERE is no reason to change the magazines, or anything, this is a brand new gun! AND it was made by Muaser, these guns are not lemons, the ammo is too weak, what were you shooting? Fderal or Remington? I bet it was one of those two. My God do not alter this gun or the mag springs!!! It is a Mauser!
Make sure the springs are strong?? What is wrong with you people? The Germans made this gun! It was test fired, DO NOT ALTER THIS GUN!!! You need stronger ammunition! I been shooting these for over 20 years! And I have owned 2 of these NEW Lugers/
Unread 10-19-2010, 10:28 AM   #6
Edward Tinker
Super Moderator
Eternal Lifer
LugerForum
Patron

Thanked 4,513 Times in 2,085 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabbathmusic View Post
What is wrong with you people? The Germans made this gun!

Okay, this is warning 1 from me, and I see that you were getting into it with John S yesterday.

Act friendly and play nice.

Ed
Unread 10-19-2010, 11:45 AM   #7
sabbathmusic
Banned

How is this for a warning, GO **** yourself! I can't have an opinion like ********* like you telling me what I can say and what I can't. I DID not say anything derogatory to him, so this is is America? I can't say anything that is my opinion Again I did not say anything rude to him, so again ****you ************, how is that, NOW I know you will delete my account for a real reason....*******!liberal, jeez, no one can have an opinion anymore.

Your going to take the time to read my threads and nit pick me, get a life! Oh, don't forget, to JB weld your trigger bar! especially on your 1902 Fat barrel, OKAY!
Unread 10-19-2010, 11:49 AM   #8
Edward Tinker
Super Moderator
Eternal Lifer
LugerForum
Patron

Wow, you have real mental problems sport.

So, yes, you will be banned, because you don't beleive anyone else has an opinion that is right and you've tried to show everyone how smart you are.
Unread 10-19-2010, 11:52 AM   #9
John Sabato
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,096 Posts

I just banned him. (I hope he read the part about the terms of service that if he attempts to re-register after being banned he has agreed to be indebted to the forum for $5000.00 -- or maybe I hope he didn't read it.)
Unread 10-19-2010, 11:57 AM   #10
Edward Tinker
Super Moderator
Eternal Lifer
LugerForum
Patron

Well, gosh, I have not been cussed out like that in a very long time (and the words weren't censored folks)....

Ed
Closed Thread