LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > All P-08 Military Lugers

Unread 01-28-2010, 02:12 PM   #1
Thor
User

Question Odd K Date Repair Proof

I have a first variation K date in for restoration, it had been buffed and Salt blued on all the gun and small parts. A curious proof was found on the left barrel just below the O:37 proof. There is also evidence of part of the SN buffed adjacent to this location. I am attempting to take a good close up picture but we are in a snow day here in NM with snow clouds blanketing out the sun. I will post pictures soon. The only things I have noticed on this K is no S on the mag button right side flat area and it appears to have an old Erfurt trigger evidenced by the small crown over gothic letter on the top of the right side flat of the trigger and missing S. I also noticed it does not display the little indentations on the area at the front of the reciever between the top of the chamber and each side flat area found on most K date Lugers. I have the blue off it right now.

Thanks for any info, just interesting I think.
915-526-8925 Email
thor340@aol.com
-----------------------------------
John3:3
Jesus answered and said to him, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."

Last edited by Thor; 01-28-2010 at 03:58 PM. Reason: took out extra incorrect info
Thor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2010, 03:18 PM   #2
Thor
User

I took a picture of the Eagle and now I know my eyes are not what they used to be. I can see the top of a wreath under the Eagle and remnents of a top of a swastika. I now think this is proof #146 shown on page 108 of CONSTANZO'S proof book and it says:
1934 Training proof used on weapons for field exercises. Always found on DWM or Erfurts [no mention of MAUSER] Lugers with or without chamber dates. It fits the Kdate time frame (1934) but on a Mauser Luger. Here are three pictures. Both barrel eagles look like a double stamp.

915-526-8925 Email
thor340@aol.com
-----------------------------------
John3:3
Jesus answered and said to him, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."
Thor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2010, 10:39 AM   #3
Lugerdoc
Patron
LugerForum
Patron

Thor, The eagle in your first photo, appears to be a poorly stamped Proof test eagle (same as the one on right receiver) and correct for a K date. The later proofing eagle shown in second photo, would indicate a later (second) proof firing, possibly after the replacement of a major (toggle) component. TH PS: I do have some "S" marked 1934 parts (sorry no trigger or mag catch).