LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 12-18-2001, 07:20 PM   #1
Rick W.
User

Default Volquartsen Modification

i
Unread 12-20-2001, 12:53 PM   #2
Terry A de C Foley

Default Re: Volquartsen Modification

Dear Rick W - I have seen such a conversion, about four years ago here in UK before the shutters came down. The barrel was indeed made by Lothar Walther [no relation to the other Walther], a very famous company over here in Europe. They make most of the best air weapon barrels, and almost every one of the many wechsellaufsysteme [barrel conversion] available - indeed I used to have a single-shot .22 conversion barel for my two Lugers. They shot quite well, but you had to poke the empty case out with the clearing rod provided, which made rapid fire a bit problematic. Still, the workmanship was outstanding, as with all their products, the heavy barrel Luger as well. The one I saw was on the Mauser stand, was as beautifully made as you could wish for, and had a heavy barrel about 150mm long. It also had target sights. A bit of an acquired taste, especially at a price of around $2000 as I seem to remember - not forgetting that 9mm target shooting is a bit of a minimalist interest sport. Don't imagine for one moment that Europe has the same love affair with the target 9mm as you Americans do with the target version of the old .45. I know of no UIT competitions where both .22 and 9mm are shot together. Our UIT full-bore pistol is usually the .32 S&W long Wadcutter. This lack of interest is probably the reason for the demise of such weapons - SIG made a ferociously-price target P226, Walther still do it with the P99 and P22, but I'll bet both my paperweights that they don't get rich from them.

Regards

Terry F

Unread 12-20-2001, 05:03 PM   #3
HÃ?Â¥kan Spuhr
User

Default Re: Volquartsen Modification

I have never seen the conversion you are talking about.

But all our conversions with heavyer barrels have been with Lothar Walther Barrelblanks with the polygon profile.

My personal luger shoot within 1" at 25 meters with leadbullets, and it shoots of course better with jacketed bullets of good quality.

The balance of a heavy barrel is totally different, i also find it much easyer to hit the target.

My results got extremely much higher when i switshed out my custom 1911 for my custom luger.

Regards HÃ?Â¥kan

http://www.vapensmedjan.com