LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 12-18-2001, 09:58 PM   #1
Lightsped
Banned

Default Luger question.

I have read the FAQ here and still have a few questions regarding a Luger I stumbled upon today while picking up my new AR15.

This Luger is made in 1940 and has a very good finish. Just a tiny bit of holster wear here and there. The gun was made by Mauser, and comes with its original holster. It is a 9mm version. All of the parts I could see had the number "13" stamped on them. The grips were dark colored and appeared in good condition considering they are 60 years old. The gundealer quoted this gun at being 98%. The dealer is asking 1,000 for it.

From what I have described, how does that price sound? I was thinking about getting it for a Christmas present for my dad.....

Unread 12-18-2001, 10:14 PM   #2
lugerholsterrepair
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 3,104 Times in 1,429 Posts
Default Re: Luger question.

Lightspeed, Dosen't sound too out of line but there are many things to consider. Is it re-blued? Matching or even correct magazine or extra mag? You should take it apart and examine all perts including the condition of the extractor and the fireing pin. Look on the inside of the grips to see if they are numbered to the pistol. The holster is a different study altogether but if in good shape could be worth $200.00 or more by itself. I can hardly get into all the things you should know about before buying a luger pistol but Look before you leap. Buy a copy of Blue Book Of Gun Values. It will help in many ways to educate you on the finer points of condition and valuation. Jerry Burney