LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Commercial Lugers

Unread 02-27-2009, 11:48 PM   #1
sovblocgunfan
User

Default Question about mystery Luger-New to forum

Hi, y'all,

I'm new to this forum and a novice when it comes to Lugers, although I am familiar w/ milsurps and other kinds of firearms.

I am trying to help a friend on another forum figure out whether to purchase a Luger that he saw in a store. It apparently has few markings and the safe indicator doesn't match my limited Luger knowledge (it's also in English). See below for text from his description:

It had no markings at all on it other than a SN just infront of the barrel above the triggerguard. There were no other SN or German acceptance marks that I could find on it. Not even a waffenampt.

Also the safety did not say the Deutsche word for safe. Instead a little piece of steel popped up below the operating slide that said "safe"

Did they make post war reproductions of these? The entire gun looked legit, from the feel down to the finnish. Even the mag was real. I dry fired it and it sounded good(as in not like some airsoft)

My only worry is about that "safe" tab that pops up when you put the safety on, it makes me think this is a post war American copy or something.

Can anyone help to identify this gun and help determine whether or not it's a legitimate example and not just some questionable lookalike? He also posted a picture-sorry, this is the only one available to me.

Thanks,
Justin
Attached Images

sovblocgunfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2009, 12:53 AM   #2
Edward Tinker
Super Moderator
Eternal Lifer
LugerForum
Patron

Thanked 4,523 Times in 2,089 Posts

Justin, welcome to the forum. Much larger photos from each side and top are needed, plus as many as you can think of.

It looks like a luger,but it always bothers me when someone is trying to get into lugers and don't know anything about them.

Most likely it has a crown N on the left and /or on the breechblock. To have it missing is a good sign that it was refinished and it was there, just isn't now.

There is a "Safe N Loaded" model which is rarer and would be a plus, but would want pictures of it.

Ed
Author of Veteran Bring Backs Vol I, Vol II, Vol III and Vol IV

Edward Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote