LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Luger Accessories

Unread 12-28-2008, 02:35 PM   #1
Dave Sanders
User

Default Black grip question

I don't want to beat a dead horse, but wondered about these grips. They came from a BYF 42 4257 g and bought from a major dealer that is one of the major dealers on this website, so I really didn't question the grips and bought it from him in the early 90's. As of late, more info has come about and I wondered about the authenticity of these.I found some information and pictures on Stills website, but can't say on these. I did the hot pin test, and the material is bakelite according to those tests, but it really doesn't match up to any of the examples I have seen. Any opinions?
Dave
Attached Images

Dave Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2008, 07:36 PM   #2
Frank
RIP
Patron
LugerForum
Patron

Unhappy

Hi Dave, they are nice looking, but IMO they are NOT original!! Sorry
Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2008, 11:49 PM   #3
Dave Sanders
User

Thanks Frank, but that isn't what I wanted to hear. Darn, I was afraid of that. So, if I get a pair of brown wooden grips for it to be correct, what should be on the inside of the grips, 42, serial number last 2 digits, or nothing, or would all three be correct?
Dave
Unread 12-29-2008, 08:11 AM   #4
Frank
RIP
Patron
LugerForum
Patron

Dave, wooden grips numbered "57" would be correct. BUT, if you could find a pair with Waffenamt Marks "E/135" or a combination of "57" and "E/135" that would also be correct. Good Luck!! Of course, an original pair of Black Bakelite Grips is also an alternative. You might want to contact Tom Heller (ala Lugerdoc) to see what he might have.
Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2008, 09:28 AM   #5
G.T.
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 3,639 Times in 1,001 Posts
Default Hi Frank, Happy new year!

Hi Frank, Happy new year! Dave, the grips are off of 5" barrelled DWM P.08's that came in from a Scandanavian country back in the eighties... Can't remember wich one?? They actually are not correct for the Mauser frame, and will usually fit a DWM frame without any fitting....Anyway, If you decide to upgrade, I'd like to purchase your black grips that you have pictured... let me know if your interested... Best to you, and Happy New Year to all.... Commmmmonnnnn 2009!!! til...lat'r....GT
G.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2008, 11:31 AM   #6
Dave Sanders
User

I really appreciate the info. GT, I would sell these to you as soon as I find a replacement pair. I guess you don't know of any black grips for sale, do you. These fit the luger in a really excellent way. They have been on the gun that way since I got it in the early 90's, and of course I didn't know any different. The internet is both a curse and a blessing.
Dave
Unread 12-29-2008, 05:33 PM   #7
G.T.
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Default Hi Dave

Black original grips are getting a bit tough to fine... most are in pretty good shape, but they are all going on other byf 42's. pretty much same senaro as yours! What is the condition of the P.08??... Perhaps a member has a E/135 replacement set... I'll keep my eyes open... Best to you Dave, til....lat'r....GT
Unread 12-29-2008, 08:12 PM   #8
Dave Sanders
User

The luger is a nice one and if possible I would like to keep it. I'll put a ad out for some replacement grips after I do a bit of searching.
Dave
Unread 12-29-2008, 10:25 PM   #9
G.T.
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Default long time!

hi Dave, I see you've been around for awhile... Send me a PM, with you email address and we'll talk about some potential solutions .. My email address is: gctomeks@msn.com... best to you, til...lat'r...Gt