LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > New Collectors Forum

Unread 12-14-2008, 02:09 AM   #1
Death-Ace
User

Default Rifinish a luger?

Hi, new here! I just bought a luger from a gun show a week ago and although I'm knowledgable in the realm of guns, I've done wht many an amateur has done. I bought for $500 an imported DWM luger, dated 1921, though made in 1926 I believe, has been refinished a couple of times with only the locking bolt and sideplate from another luger, maybe when the Nazis pressed it back into service and finally captured by the Russians. A couple of days after it came home with me, human characteristics in a gun xD, I thought I should patch up a couple of spots that were in the white on the barrel with some bluing. Well, it kinda was a disaster and I thought I should just get it refinished anyhow, even if it's just a shooter. Now the questions are, should I get this beautiful weapon refinished? If so, who's reliable in this business? Is it worth what I paid? Thanks for help that'll come my way!

P.s: Although the toggle matches matches, it has a small 42 on it. I've wondered if it was refinished during the late '30s or so. Thanks again and I will post pictures once I get the chance!
Death-Ace is offline   Reply With Quote