LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Artillery Lugers

Unread 06-22-2008, 10:31 AM   #1
jerrys
User

Default Snail drum loading tool question.

As I noted in my original post, I have my Persian that came from the Stern collection (my first Luger and probably not the last) and I bought a first gen snail drum. However, I need to get a loading tool. What do these sell for currently. I'm asking as I can't find one from any of the dealers that specialize in Lugers. Any help appreciated. I have posted a WTB on the Board. I also understand that there may have been some repros made. I would expect that they would sell for a lower price, but don't know. How would you tell the difference from original vs repro. Any help greatly appreciated.

I thought I was happy collecting Class 3 guns. I have over 20 from all eras. I buy as many reference books on all my guns as I can find. I've already bought 2 of the Still books, both of the Kenyon books, Mauro's Luger Artigligeria, Vanderlinden's Houlsters and Shoulder Stocks of the World and am currently in the hunt for a few other reference books. I could see how this Luger thing could get out of control.
jerrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2008, 12:58 PM   #2
Brent B.
User

I purchased a repro loader a few years ago from Simpsons Ltd. and at that time the repro's were selling for $450. The last time I checked them they were at $475. You might also see one on ebay from time to time. Hope this helps. Brent
Brent B. is offline   Reply With Quote