LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Luger Accessories

Unread 05-20-2008, 08:23 PM   #1
rldarmstr
User

Question magazine types and codes?

I am not exactly new to Lugers but I am new to the finer points of collecting this fine weapon. I have recently purchased a 1918 DMW in extremely nice condition, however it does not have either of it's origiinal, serial numbered to the gun, magazines.

I have seen number and letter codes applied to Luger magazines on the auction sites and also in the classified section of this site but have no clue as to what might be appropriate for that model and year.

I realize that finding a magazine with the correct serial number would be harder than winning the lottery so I am asking for insight to purchase a magazine of appropriate year and what ever else could be matched up to make it as correct as possible.

I realize that there are books and reference material so that I could learn what I need on my own but I have done that with 1903 Springfield's, M1's, Krag's, Mills cartridge belts and US edged weapons.....I'm wore out! An educated reply would be so welcome!!

Thanks,

Robert
rldarmstr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2008, 10:58 AM   #2
Lugerdoc
Patron
LugerForum
Patron

Robert, I don't recommend trying to renumber a mag to match your luger. First most people will to do it have the wrong style die set and would just ruin an otherwise correct mag. Even if you were to sell it down the road as with a renumbered mag (which would not increase the value of your PO8), the next owner might not be so conscience. TH
Unread 05-21-2008, 11:42 AM   #3
Aaron
Banned

You might tell us the serial number of your Luger and perhaps one of our forum members will come up with a correct magazine closely numbered to what you need.
Aaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2008, 05:14 PM   #4
rldarmstr
User

It is a DWM with a date of 1918, SN:8530

I did not mean to infer that I wanted renumber a magazine to match, I rather meant that I wanted advise on how to determine year and/or manufacturer so that I could have something close.

I find it amazing that finding a correctly numbered magazine is even a possiblity.
Unread 05-24-2008, 03:25 PM   #5
rldarmstr
User

Ok.....this didn't get me anything so maybe you'all could recommend a book on the subject?

I need information on Luger magazines.

Dates of production, bottom types and dates of production, codes, matched with what dates and manufacturer of Luger pistols, etc. etc.

Please no E-Books. If I wanted to read off the internet or my computer screen I wouldn't ask this question, here.

Thanks
Unread 05-24-2008, 03:32 PM   #6
Vlim
Lifetime
LugerForum Patron

Thanked 3,947 Times in 1,198 Posts

Hi,

In your case you will need to find a nickel plated magazine with a wooden bottom.
Vlim is offline   Reply With Quote