LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > New Collectors Forum

Unread 03-26-2008, 08:05 AM   #21
raygun
User

Well my copy of "Lugers at Random" finally arrived from England the other day . Very plesed with it , almost a collectors item in its own right .
It is an original 1969 edition and has been used as a library reference work
by the Royal Small Arms Factory . It has a stamp in the front that reads .

Quality Assurance Directorates [ordance] 14 April 1982
R.S.A.F. Ordance RD. Enfield Lock.

Its a great book for the serious collector or Dealer but may lack a little colour and excitement for the beginning or casual enthusiast .
Unread 05-20-2008, 08:23 AM   #22
raygun
User

Oh happy days . Finally got my "prermit to acquire" and my Dutch Luger has come home at last ! being my first Luger I couldn't wait to strip it and see how it works .

I am amazed , more like a metal sculpture or work of art than a firearm .
I couldn't believe what was behind the sideplate ! I think Borchart and Luger must have been designing a metal puzzle and decided to turn it into a pistol .

I have read that the factories employed hundreds of craftsmen to finish the parts and I can see why. I can also see why it was so expensive to manufacture . simple enough to strip and reassemble , but so strange and intricate . I can also see why they become an addiction , I have never seen anything like it -- except the lock on a Maxim , but have never worked on one of those !

Inside the gun it is just like new , perfect condition , and every single tiny part matches , sideplate , front and rear toggle , takedown latch , trigger ,
firing pin retainer and even the rear hinge pin ! The magazine base doesn't have a number on it which is correct for Dutch lugers -- so I can safely say it is an all matching 1906 Luger .

I'm rapt .