LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > All Post-WWII Lugers

Unread 03-11-2008, 04:38 PM   #1
unspellable
User

Default Spanish Luger look like

A Spanish Luger Look Like

I have just discovered a previously unknown (to me at least) Spanish Luger look like.

It is from Echave y Arizmendi and known as the Lur Panzer. Chambered for 22 LR it is essentially a knock off of the Erma 22 LR look like. As such, it is not a real innovation, but it is a must have for the collector who has to have one of everything.
unspellable is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2008, 01:29 AM   #2
burton
User

They are very uncommon in the states for some reason? I've only run across a couple over the years. I believe the Spanish firm that made them had financial problems, that caused them to go belly-up. Because of this few were actually produced, as compared to the Erma and Stoeger replicas.

Because of their rarity the ones that do show up are considered to be extremely valuable by some misguided folks. Years ago I ran into a gunshow hustler who had one. It was a hoot, he was acting like it was one of the crown jewels of England. He had it out in his car, wouldn't even bring it into the show. The only thing I could figure was, that with his tiny little brain, he though it was a real prototype Luger of some sort, and had a priceless goldmine on his hands.
Unread 03-12-2008, 07:28 AM   #3
unspellable
User

I have some info on the company, I'll look it up and see if it looked like they had financial problems.

As for the look likes, I have an Erma 32 ACP baby. It looks more like a real Luger than any of the other look likes, Erma 22 included.

You get lulus at the gun shows. I've been hit with the nickle plated officer's pistol bit. This on a clunker that had been VERY heavily polished befoe being plated.
Unread 03-12-2008, 05:01 PM   #4
unspellable
User

Echave y Arizmendi folded in 1970, having taken too big a hit from the U.S. 1968 gun control law. It stopped all their imports into the U.S. except the Lur Panzer which did not sell all that well. Apparently their markets in other countries were not large enough to sustain them.
Unread 03-13-2008, 09:56 AM   #5
John Sabato
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,096 Posts

Thanks for the history lesson...!

"...We hold these truths to be self-evident that ALL men are created EQUAL and are endowed by their Creator with certain UNALIENABLE rights, and among these are life, LIBERTY, and the pursuit of happiness..."
John Sabato is offline   Reply With Quote