LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > Repairs, Restoration & Refinishing

Unread 09-29-2007, 05:55 PM   #1
tacdriver
User

Default Excellent holster repair!

I wanted to take the opportunity to send out a thank you to Jerry Burney (AKA: lugerholsterrepair), Jerry is the best of the best and is a truly amazing craftsman.

After reading the forum a bit, I came upon one of Jerryâ??s posts, noticed his nickname and contacted him asking for his assessment in the repairing the stitching on the lid of my holster.

The holster that had accompanied my new pistol was in disarray and in need of restoration. It didnâ??t match the pistol however I wanted to keep it preserved, for to me it is a part of the pistols history.

The stitching on the top flap cover was 90% gone, there were traces of some very old rubber adhesive (I guess where the former owner tried to keep the flap on with it). Moreover the tool pouch was also missing and I simply chalked that up and figured that component of the holster was a right off.

Within no time Jerry had replied back to my email, was extremely helpful and professional and provided an excellent estimate. Through our short exchange on email, I truly felt a comfort level with Jerry and his capabilities, I knew he was the right person for this task. Needless to say the holster was on its way to him.

I emailed Jerry told him the holster was in route... and for whatever reason during the conversation I brought up the fact of the missing tool pouch. With no hesitation Jerry offered to tool one up that would match (I was truly beside myself for I wrote that off and never thought to ask)

Not long thereafterâ?¦ my holster was arrived back at my house. The work was impeccableâ?¦ If I didnâ??t already know the area where Jerry had rendered his repair I wouldâ?? have been able to distinguish his work from the original stitching. Furthermore to my delight, installed in the lid was well craft color matching tool pouch as well.

So with all that said and FWIW I would like to say thank you to a true craftsmen for doing an excellent job in keeping history alive.

Here's a link to some pictures... if I did them correctly they should be down at the bottom of the link

http://s242.photobucket.com/albums/ff271/tacdriver66/

-tac
tacdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2007, 06:05 PM   #2
zinfull
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

I have had Jerry do 3 holsters for me and will always recommend him to others. Like Tacdriver said

"If I didnâ??t already know the area where Jerry had rendered his repair I wouldâ?? have been able to distinguish his work from the original stitching"

It is so true.

Jerry
zinfull is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2007, 07:14 PM   #3
lugerholsterrepair
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 3,123 Times in 1,434 Posts

Tac, Jerry..Thanks for the accolades! Just ran accross this post. I thank you both.
Have just gotten to my home in Az for the Winter...Already working on two Pebble Grained Imperial Navy holsters! Never thought I would see one much less 2 of these in the shop at one time!

Thanks again, Jerry

Yuma AZ 85367-6182

lugerholsterrepair@earthlink.net

928 342-7583 (CO & AZ) Year Round
719 207-3331 (cell)

"For those who Fight For It, Life has a flavor the protected will never know."
lugerholsterrepair is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2007, 09:18 AM   #4
cirelaw
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 4,133 Times in 2,173 Posts

JERRY JERRY JERRY,
cirelaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2007, 09:33 AM   #5
cirelaw
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 4,133 Times in 2,173 Posts

OOPS, Jerry and his wife are some of the finest, folks I ever had to come into our lives. When my brass rod broke, he had a machinst friend repair it into a carbine rod, at no cost but a mere trade, I did purchase from him something Ive search for, for five years, a carbine sling to my 1920 9mm Luger Carbine. and expertly hand crafted a most beautiful lanyard for my 1900 test luger.Hes always there, every return E-mail contains his home phone number. being a prior attorney, for more than a quater century, I salute him.if you need a personal reference call me 772-336-5312, or SNOOKEM13@AOL.COM
cirelaw is offline   Reply With Quote