LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > All P-08 Military Lugers

Unread 09-21-2007, 01:38 AM   #1
OneShotOneKill
User

Default 1913 Erfurt Value

I have located a 1913 Erfurt Luger with all matching number except for two parts on the top on the gun. It also has a wooden tipped magazine which is not matching either, for $750...I am new to collecting and I was hoping to get an idea of what the worth is...The bluing is great except for a little wear on the barrel but other than that it is really clean. Someone give me some knowledge on this!!
OneShotOneKill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2007, 07:08 AM   #2
Edward Tinker
Super Moderator
Eternal Lifer
LugerForum
Patron

Thanked 4,506 Times in 2,080 Posts

Hunter (that is your first name?) welcome to the forum.

except for telling us that it is a 1913 erfurt with mismatched numbers, you haven't given us much information. It is a shooter as 2 mismatched numbers is not a good sign. Does it have a stock lug? Does it have any unit markings?

Can you provide pictures?

Ed
Author of Veteran Bring Backs Vol I, Vol II, Vol III and Vol IV

Edward Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2007, 09:22 AM   #3
OneShotOneKill
User

It does have imperial markings along the side of the gun...it does not have stock lugs...NEW UPDATE though...original holster and matching magazine do come with it...i will provide pics soon!!
Unread 09-24-2007, 05:11 PM   #4
OneShotOneKill
User

I really need some help here..I actually work at a gun shop and no one I work with seems to know the slightest thing about them...I have never owned a luger and I don't want to make a big mistake here...Ok for a refresher....This gun is a 1913 Erfurt luger with mismatched numbers on the toggle and the extractor only. The rest of the entire gun matches. It does not have unit markings or stock lugs. It comes with two magazines both with wooden ends. One magazine matches the gun and one doesn't. It also comes with the holster which is in average condition. The bluing one the gun is for the most part in really good shape(80%) except for some wear along the side of the barrel and the frame I'm guessing from a holster. The serial number is 8063...if that means anything. The grips have absolutly no scares or scratches on them and the gun has no pitting in the bore or on the frame. I am going to try to get some pictures if I can but I need some handy advice in the meantime. Any at all would be much appreciated THANKS!!!
Unread 09-24-2007, 06:46 PM   #5
policeluger
RIP

A mismatched luger as you describe, $750 is about top, average holster $125 and clip, well one matches a gun that is as you said mismatched so I consider it part of the sale price the second mag can run from poor DWM say $50 to mint Erfurt at $200.....pictures are a must
policeluger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2007, 07:33 PM   #6
Edward Tinker
Super Moderator
Eternal Lifer
LugerForum
Patron

Quote:
Originally posted by OneShotOneKill
I really need some help here...
okay, I thought we were doing that. How about, leave your real name instead of some faked up "hunter" and oneshotonekill.

Its at the gun shop, are you trying to buy it and want to get a good price, or are you trying to get a price for the shop?

On line you can see what lugers have sold on gunbroker, but it comes down to that a shooter (mismatched) luger goes for around $600, the extras you said, if in good shape, another $150-$250 (like Howard said)
Unread 09-24-2007, 11:10 PM   #7
OneShotOneKill
User

I work as a sales associate for a corportate outdoor store (unnamed)...And my real name is Hunter....HAVE YOU NEVER HEARD OF SOMEONE WITH THAT NAME????? and as far as my screen name on here...what damn business is it of yours what I pick all i want is information not critisism from someone who has no idea that the name Hunter is a common name and for some odd reason decides make that an issue when it has nothing to do with anything we are talking about...I am a 21 year old history major from east texas who likes old guns.....sue me for wanting advice
Unread 09-24-2007, 11:20 PM   #8
Edward Tinker
Super Moderator
Eternal Lifer
LugerForum
Patron

okay, I just thought you were being difficult. I asked and you ignored me in my first email. I also asked for more information. I wasn't trying to be a jerk and apoligize if I sounded that way, mostly.

I deal with hundreds of new folks every month, some with names like nastyspider, so no, I don't beleive in every name I hear.

It is amazing how volitile folks get on a forum. I could give a **** if your name was walrus, my point was that it is polite to sign your name to a thread and yes, hunter and your screen name, come on, you'd think folks wouldn't comment? Especially since I'm married to a Texican, she'll probably whack me in the head for sounding rude.

I've been a moderator here for 7 years, and I don't think I've had someone swear at me for asking if that was their name...

Unread 09-24-2007, 11:41 PM   #9
OneShotOneKill
User

Well I have selling guns for about 2 years now and I guess I am just used to older guys who know alot giving me a hard time cause I'm not "old and wise"....I apologize too I guess that kind of stems off that....I just figured it was "pick on the new guy for having the different name day"...Anyways I know alot about guns...i really do.... the problem is...I don't know the slightest things about lugers so again thanks for the help and I will put some pictures on here when I get a chance
Unread 09-24-2007, 11:44 PM   #10
Edward Tinker
Super Moderator
Eternal Lifer
LugerForum
Patron

fair enough, I am sure I sounded grougher than I meant. Lugers are cool (lora of guns are). My BA is in History, I love how things come alive as we find out about them. Is your 1913 marked on the grip straps (looking for unit marks, most did not get them).

ed