LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > All P-08 Military Lugers

Unread 03-10-2007, 06:53 PM   #1
rene
New User

Default Like New 1941 Banner

Hello All,

I am new to the forum and must say how pleasing it is to see everyone help those of us that ask it or need it (Beeing a noobie to Luger collecting I by all lmeans need the help) Having only 1 Luger (1936 S/42) I was finally able to scrape up enough for another (tax return). But I must ask the forum members for input. I placed this 1941 Banner on hold but in the pics I was thrown of by what seems to be a brighter blue on the barrel than the rest of the frame. Also if you guys think the price is about right considering the condition of the gun? Pics at the following linkhttp://www.simpsonltd.com/product_in...roducts_id=261

Thanks

Rene S.
Unread 03-10-2007, 10:10 PM   #2
wlyon
Lifer 2X
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,552 Times in 952 Posts

Rene Not unusual to have the barrel a different shade than the receiver. My only concern, if any, is the wear on the sideplate compared to that on the muzzle. Could be for lots of reasons but is still something I look at.Will be interesting to hear what others have to say. Nice looking luger. Simpson always seems high priced to me but they are honest dealers. Good luck and welcome to the world of lugeritis. Bill
Unread 03-11-2007, 11:04 AM   #3
rene
New User

Hello Bill,

Thanks for the input. Never thought about wear on the sidplate vs. wear on the muzzle......Something I will ask about.
I do think I have come down with a case of Lugeritis

Regards

Rene