LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > Off Topic & Other Firearms

Unread 03-04-2006, 12:08 PM   #1
trigger643
User

Default UH OH Way way way off topic

My step son is finishing up sniper school out in the California Desert. For you military people, Ft. Benning now has a roving training team that goes out and about the country. He's being schooled by these people in desert conditions... He'll be attached once again to the 3/2 Stryker Brigade in Mosul but this time he'll be a sniper vs his last deployment when he was a door knocker. His bride called my bride last night... We are going to be grandparents. Mike redeploys to Iraq in June for another year. She'll be coming to stay with us while he's on deployment. Mike is giving me his 1973 Ford Bronco to repair and play with while he is gone (Ed, saddle up! -- it has a blown 351 now, I'm thinking a Cobra FI 302 -- heck he's paying for it). I don't know what I'm more excited about... the Bronco needing an engine or the wifey walking around the house 3 feet off the floor making Winnie the Poo plans for our guest room...

Ya, it must be the Bronco... "Granpappy Glen" --- Damn

trigger643 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2006, 12:18 PM   #2
Edward Tinker
Super Moderator
Eternal Lifer
LugerForum
Patron

Thanked 4,523 Times in 2,089 Posts

I am very happy for you Glen, heck, I've always liked Bronco's! And congrats on the new rug-rat too

Ed
Author of Veteran Bring Backs Vol I, Vol II, Vol III and Vol IV

Edward Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2006, 01:28 PM   #3
policeluger
RIP

Wow, great on the new baby, we're waiting for our first....we're here in the high desert of Ca. at a Naval base, where is your step son stationed, ?...Ft. Irwn??
policeluger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2006, 04:27 PM   #4
trigger643
User

His permanent station is Ft. Lewis. I'm not certain where he is in CA at this moment. He comes home next week and i'll find out then where he was. I'm not too up on the CA bases. The only desert one I know of is 29 palms and I believe that's Marine Corps and I doubt the army would send him there. My brother did BUDS at Coranado, there again, that's Navy. I do know only 4 members of his group went to this training exercise, but they brought an entire crew in from all over the country to train with these fellows from Benning.

trigger643 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2006, 07:28 PM   #5
Heinz
User

Glen, congratulations, and our prayers go with your son

Remember you can get those grandchildren interested in horsepower at an early age:

(Twin engine Canadair RJ)
Heinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2006, 10:56 PM   #6
Rod WMG
User

Congratulations on you new granchild. Sounds like an exciting time.

Tell you son "Thanks" again for us.
Rod WMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2006, 07:55 AM   #7
John Sabato
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,096 Posts

God bless your son for his service... and I know I speak for many here when I say we will be praying for a successful and healthy return of your son from his new deployment in the war on terror.

Many congrats on the grandparenthood. Life is GREAT as a grandparent, and filled with all kinds of new and interesting challenges.

"...We hold these truths to be self-evident that ALL men are created EQUAL and are endowed by their Creator with certain UNALIENABLE rights, and among these are life, LIBERTY, and the pursuit of happiness..."
John Sabato is offline   Reply With Quote