LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > Off Topic & Other Firearms

Unread 01-30-2006, 01:49 PM   #1
Lloyd in Nevada
User

Default The PROUD Canadian Gun Control Plan (NOT!!)

I just got this emailed to me from a friend of mine in Canada (he is not a gun owner) and thought some of you might like to see it.

We didn't make this up Canada's two billion dollar gun registry employs 1,800 bureaucrats, who spend their days tracking down duck hunters and farmers.

By comparison, Canada hired only 130 additional customs officers to
protect our borders after Sept.11.

Here are a few more eye-rolling facts about the gun registry, mostly unearthed by MP Garry Breitkreuz from Saskatchewan.

Internal audits show that government bureaucrats have a 71% error rate in licensing gun owners and a 91% error rate in registering the guns themselves.

The government admits it registered 718,414 guns without serial numbers. That means either the bureaucrats forgot to write them down, or the guns didn't have serial numbers in the first place.
That's as useless as registering a vehicle simply as "a blue Ford Explorer."

To these gun owners, the government has sent little stickers with made-up "serial numbers" on them, that gun owners are supposed to stick on their guns. And everybody at the gun registry is praying that criminals who steal those guns won't peel off the stickers.

Some 222,911 guns were registered with the same make and serial number as other guns. That's not just useless -- it's dangerous. if someone else with a "Blue Ford Explorer" is involved in a hit and run, you'll be the one getting a knock on the door by the RCMP.

Out of 4,114,624 gun registration certificates, 3,235,647 had blank or missing entries -- but the bureaucrats issued them anyway.

In the beginning, the government's firearms licenses had photographs on them - just like driver's licenses do. But after hundreds of gun owners were sent licenses with someone else's photo on them, the government decided to scrap photos on the licenses altogether, rather than fix the problem.

Private details about every gun owner in the country are put on one computer database, called CPIC. That's valuable information to a peeping tom -- or a criminal. The CPIC computer has been breached 221 times since the mid-1990s, according to the RCMP.

In August of 2002, the gun registry sent a letter to Hulbert Orser, demanding he register his guns, and warning him that it's a crime not to. Orser died in 1981.

Garth Rizzuto is not dead, but he's getting older -- he applied for a gun license 2 1/2 years ago. He hasn't been rejected. They're still "processing" his application.

Some 304,375 people were allowed to register guns even though they didn't have a license permitting them to own a gun.

On March 1 of 2002, bureaucrats registered Richard Buckley's soldering "gun" - that's right, a heat "gun" used for welding tin and lead. No word yet on Buckley's staple guns or glue guns.

Some 15,381 gun owners were licensed with no indication of having taken the gun safety courses -- one of the main arguments for licensing.

Despite the billion-dollar taxpayer subsidy, gun-owners must still pay $279 for the required licenses, registration, photo ID and other costs to register a single gun. That's as much as a gun costs in the first place. It's a tax -- a tax on rural Canada.

The government spent $29 million on advertising for the gun registry --including $4.5 million to Group-Action, the Liberal ad firm now under RCMP investigation.

But all of these follies are trivial compared to the central, unanswerable flaw in the gun registry: Since only law-abiding gun owners will register their guns, how can the registry stop criminals?

If you think this is information all Canadians should have, forward it, ask your political representatives about these facts. You don't have to be a gun owner to have concerns on the questionable actions taken. Maybe there is a better way?
Lloyd in Nevada is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2006, 02:05 PM   #2
Edward Tinker
Super Moderator
Eternal Lifer
LugerForum
Patron

Thanked 4,511 Times in 2,083 Posts

when non-gun owners hear about things like this and shake their head, you know that buracracy is at its finest...
Edward Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2006, 05:54 PM   #3
Curly1
User

On the bright side 1800 peeps are employed

Gary
Curly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2006, 02:39 AM   #4
John -Melb
User

Lloyd,
Can you get a reference for this stuff?
John -Melb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2006, 10:45 PM   #5
Minnepiper
User

my canuckian friends are facinated by our gun laws. they think all americans run around waiving guns about. none of them have taken me up on an offer to go to the range however.

Long live the 2nd Amendment!
Minnepiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2006, 09:07 AM   #6
John Sabato
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,096 Posts

Gentlemen... I don't doubt that basis for these statements are true because they support our mutual belief in unfettered gun ownership, or in other words "FREEDOM" (See my tag line at the bottom of this post).

... BUT Don't go offering these "facts" to put down anti-gunners unless you can give them legitmacy by sourcing them from reliable sources... because if you can't provide a source... it is kind of like "if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is"... you will eventually be SHOT DOWN by a liberal who "proves" there is no basis for the "facts" you are claiming... GET THE SOURCE your are QUOTING and post it with any FACTS you come across.

What source? Official government or independent surveys, government records, Government management statements, Traceable politician statements, etc.

To be forewarned is to be fore-ARMED.

Click here:

http://www.oag-bvg.gc.ca/domino/repo...0021210ce.html

or here:

http://www.oag-bvg.gc.ca/domino/repo...0021211ce.html

In the now famous words of patriot Patrick Henry, March 23, 1775 in a small church in Virginia... "It is in vain, sir, to extenuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, Peace, Peace-- but there is no peace. The war is actually begun! The next gale that sweeps from the north will bring to our ears the clash of resounding arms! Our brethren are already in the field! Why stand we here idle? What is it that gentlemen wish? What would they have? Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death! "

"...We hold these truths to be self-evident that ALL men are created EQUAL and are endowed by their Creator with certain UNALIENABLE rights, and among these are life, LIBERTY, and the pursuit of happiness..."
John Sabato is offline   Reply With Quote