LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > All P-08 Military Lugers

Unread 04-13-2004, 08:45 AM   #1
Heinmot
User

Post Mag Spring Swap? HOW?

I ordered Wolff magazine spring replacements for my Mec-Gars and for my original mag.

Trouble is, I don't see how to dissassemble the mags. I tho't it was just like taking a 1911 mag apart, but so far no go.

What is the proper procedure for dissassembling the magazines; removing the follower, replacing spring, etc?

Thanks.
Unread 04-13-2004, 10:09 PM   #2
Johnny C. Kitchens
User

The Mec-Gar has two pins holding the plastic bottom to the bottom of the magazine body. Removing the pins are the start of the fun. I put a small clamp on the magazine to hold the bottomto the body, so that it won't go flying away. I used a punch and a hammer, but I'm convinced there must be a better way, such as a press. Putting the new spring in place is simple enough to see. Just replace the old one. The real fun is putting it together. The hammer and punch just couldn't cut it for me. I ended up using small C-Clamp to simple squeeze the pins back in. I'm looking at those C-Clamps and already considering modifying one to remove the pins...