LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > All P-08 Military Lugers

Unread 10-17-2004, 09:50 AM   #1
byf42
User

Post Question on 1937 first subvariation

Without pics I understand value is hard to determine, but what does the crowd think of this?

1937 S/42 first subvariation, strawed small parts, with honest 93-95% holster wear. Straw is somewhere around 80%. Bore is slightly frosty. Appears like only holster wear. no matching mags, but two numbered type 4 aluminum bottomed mags. 1938 holster in above average condition. Droop wing eagle 63 tool.

Mike
byf42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2004, 11:04 AM   #2
Edward Tinker
Super Moderator
Eternal Lifer
LugerForum
Patron

Thanked 4,523 Times in 2,089 Posts
When I am curious, what I do is check at Simspsons, LTD for a rough retail estimate when I want to find out a price. They have a huge selection and will this will give you a rough estimate on retail price.

http://www.simpsonltd.com/LugerRoom/...ser_lugers.htm

Ed
Author of Veteran Bring Backs Vol I, Vol II, Vol III and Vol IV

Edward Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2004, 03:45 PM   #3
Steinar
User

Here is another site: http://www.angelfire.com/oh2/manowar/home.htm
Don't know how updated it is..
Unread 10-20-2004, 02:49 AM   #4
mm
User

Angelfire's gun values don gibe with what I have seen at gun shows, local stores, or the internet. It's not just an issue of being out-dated, but rater totally off base with some categories of firearms. For example, he has the Vz 52/57 (chambered in 7.62 x 39)produced just one year going for about the same price as the much more common Vz 52 (chambered in 7.62 x 45)I have seen the 52/57 go for $900-$1100 while the 52 in the same condition goes for $225. The Hungarian AK considered by most collectors to have the best fit & finish of the AKMs and relatively rare compared to the much cruder and more common Romainian AK going for about the same price - Just try and buy a Hungarian today for the same price as a Romainian!

Re: Russian SKS - Tula arsenal products go for more than Izvesk, not the other way around.

How does Manowar's luger prices look to other members compared with what you all have witnessed on the market?

MM
Unread 10-20-2004, 09:07 AM   #5
Ron Smith
User

Mike, I tend to agree with you. Some of his prices are way too conservative. Others are way over the line. Wonder where he gets these? I have an aquaintance who has two Hungarian AKs in mint cond. You could'nt touch either one for less than $1000+.

Ron
I Still Need DWM side plate #49... if anyone runs across a nice one.

What ~Rudyard Kipling~ said...
Ron Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2004, 07:39 AM   #6
Motown
User

I looked over the Simpson site and noticed that they had a couple of helmets listed as M-40 or M-42 German helmet- desert camo color- but they fail to mention the origin- and the fact they are post war reworks... makes me suspicious of the whole site...
Unread 10-21-2004, 09:25 AM   #7
John Sabato
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,096 Posts
Motown, Simpsons, Ltd. is one of the good guy dealers... They stand behind what they sell. The web page describing the helmets does not have a detailed description of each helmet, only the type/model...and the page is clearly labeled "If you have any questions or would like a better description of any product listed please call us at (309)342-5800." Their pages identify types and availability...

I would think that anyone spending that kind of money on a helmet would certainly ask the questions about the origin and condition that they want to know before plunking down their money...just the same as if it were a Luger.

You may not realize just how much work is involved in maintaining such a dynamic website, but I certainly do because I maintain several besides this one...

I wouldn't hesitate doing business with Simpson... but just like anywhere else, you have to know what you want to buy and what conditions you place on the sale before you send your money.

I suggest that if you are interested in some of their merchandise that you call the number above and discuss your needs... they are very honest and helpful folks.

Just my $0.02

"...We hold these truths to be self-evident that ALL men are created EQUAL and are endowed by their Creator with certain UNALIENABLE rights, and among these are life, LIBERTY, and the pursuit of happiness..."
John Sabato is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2004, 01:32 AM   #8
Motown
User

Excellent- that's what I like about this site- you can get an HONEST opinion from those w/o an interest or $$ on their minds.

Thanks.