LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > All P-08 Military Lugers

Unread 10-31-2006, 10:36 PM   #1
Larry Schoppe
User

I'm new here also. I have a 41 byf with 2 E655 luger that was given to me from a good friend he bought years ago. I am looking for any info on the gun I can find. He never got a clip because he said he didn't want to shoot i, but I do.The gun is in mint condition like I posted in an earlier post. Off the top of your head about how is this gun worth? Where could I go to find a clip and cost? Earlier post said $100.00- $150.00. Is this true or is that a special clip? All I do is show it to friends and clean and oil it. I would love to shoot it. Hasn't been shot in atleast 55 years. Thanks for any info on the gun. Larry
Larry Schoppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2006, 10:59 PM   #2
Edward Tinker
Super Moderator
Eternal Lifer
LugerForum
Patron

Thanked 4,523 Times in 2,089 Posts

Larry, welcome. I moved your posting to its own thread. Also, most members read through the assorted parts of the forum, so only one posting is needed on the same subject.

Please repeat the information here, as I thought they were the same posting and deleted it. My apoligies.

In luger nomenclature, the "clip" is actually a magazine. If you are looking at it for shooting, almost any luger magazine will likely work (there are better ones and worse ones, see previous postings).

If "mint" and not a reblue, you could cut the value of a collectable luger anywhere from $1000 less or more to a shooter price of around $500-$600...

Ed
Author of Veteran Bring Backs Vol I, Vol II, Vol III and Vol IV

Edward Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2006, 08:45 AM   #3
Larry Schoppe
User

The luger pistol may have been reblued I do not know. There is no piting, the only marks are where the toggle hits the back of the reciever and where the safety moves up and down. Other than that it looks like it came right out of the box. Is there anyway to tell if it has been reblued. But the main thing is where or how can I get a magazine? I also read somewhere that todays loads are not hot enough for these gun, is there any truth or problems with them? Thanks for any info, Larry
Larry Schoppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2006, 09:32 AM   #4
John Sabato
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,096 Posts

Larry, do a seach for the term "magazine" made by member "Lugerdoc" He carries a full line of new aftermarket magazines... the best are Mec-Gar and run about $30.00

If you want an original mag suitable for this Luger, you will want an FXO type with a bakelite bottom piece, unnumbered would be correct period mag for this gun. Lugerdoc may have some, or the post-war east german equivilent... these are not inexpensive, somewhere between $75 to 125... depending on condition... they are extruded steel, not stamped folded sheetmetal... well worth the investment. You can also find them on ebay once in a while...

Welcome to the Lugerforum

"...We hold these truths to be self-evident that ALL men are created EQUAL and are endowed by their Creator with certain UNALIENABLE rights, and among these are life, LIBERTY, and the pursuit of happiness..."
John Sabato is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2006, 10:00 AM   #5
Lugerdoc
Patron
LugerForum
Patron

Larry, As John said above, I do have new blue or nickeled MecGar mags available @$30, or vg to exc WW2 FXO type (correct for your 1941) tubes with DDR replacement bottoms @$75. I also have one VG+ all original FXO marked mag with an original unnumbered aluminum bottom @$150. lugerdoc at hellerarms@webtv.net