LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Early Lugers (1900-1906)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 08-22-2005, 08:05 PM   #27
MauserLugers
User

No, I did not know about the 25 Walther of your father's, nor thousands of other GI bringbacks directly. My father was in WW2 as were two of my uncles and all have passed away now. I take it though, that your father's 25 was not a "one of a kind", extremely high dollar pistol, nor were the bring backs from my father or his brothers. Most of my relatives stuff was actually in the 85 to 90% condition. As I stated earlier, I do not know if your Luger is correct or not as Mausers are my field of collecting, but what I do know is mint Lugers are extremely hard to find. I just find it very interesting and yes, suspicious, that in the last couple of years two one of a kind Lugers have surfaced out of the blue, with no one ever hearing about them, in mint condition, with no history or trail. Since condition dictates price, it is interesting to me that both of these are in such grand condition. I'm personally not buying the explanation of the GI had it stuck away all this time, and no one ever heard or looked at it, but it really doesn't matter what I think, so convincing me is not one of your top priorities. Actually I hope it is correct, but I am suspicious. Lets face it, in todays collecting field you have to question every piece you see because so many have been messed with, and remember the stories, every Luger was taken directly off an officier, or better yet, an SS officier. --- Bill
MauserLugers is offline   Reply With Quote