LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > New Collectors Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 12-31-2003, 05:29 PM   #1
99-9x
User

Post New member needs help with 1st purchase

Hello to all.Just returned from looking at 2 Lugers a friend wants to sell.I am at a loss as to what they are worth and a value.Here is what he has.#1 is a 1916 ERFURT 9mm every part is matching-extractor,toggle,sideplate,takedown lever,barrel,saftey.Finish is about 85% but a dull blue.The parts that are usually straw colored are also blue.Grips may be replacement(wood) as they seem too new for the pistol.Bore is average with some pitting/dark,rifling is strong.Has small markings on side of frame/barrel,front of trigger.Mag is wood bottom,blued,plastic follower.Looks like a replacement of good quality.#2 is a 1916 DMW,all parts are matching,straw color on takedown lever,trigger,mag release is strong.Bore is even better,grips are very good and origional.2mags 1 is nickle/wood bottom says GERMANY,2ND is blue with aluminum bottom.The pistol shows 85/90% finish.Now the bad news,his father in law ground the stock lug off this gun,thought I would cry.Was advised to do this by a gunsmith in the 60`s,why I do not know.Bottom line is seller wants $800.00.Price is firm,no trades.Sorry this is long but told you all I can remember.Need to know what to do as he wants to sell and I have first shot at purchase.Thanks and Happy New Year,Dave
99-9x is offline   Reply With Quote