LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > New Collectors Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 12-30-2002, 12:46 AM   #1
Ted G
User

Question Luger ID

Well here goes. I am trying to identify and what version and eventually value range of a Luger my father brought back from WWII. My father was with an engeneering batalion labled the Black Panthers near the end of the war somewhere in France when he removed the pistol and holster from a German officer they captured. The pistol is in very good condition (my opinion of course)and been kept in a cabinet since at least the early 50's. To my knowledge it has never been fired since that same time frame. All the numbers match except for part 018 (I think). The Ser# is 619b. The barrel has a second # over and perpindicular to the 619, that # is 5742. There is 1914 on the receiver, DWM on the front toggle link. On the left side on part 010 there is a proof like #14 just in front of pin 012. On the right side of the receiver there is a proof similar to #11 except the first 2 figures are like the last 2 figures of proof 12. To the left of that proof is another figure that looks similar to proof 52 except there is either a GW3 or 6W3 where the 655 is on your proof. Also on the right side of the barrel is another proof mark like those of 49-51 but there is no letter. One of the two clips is marked 619 in the wood end. The holster is in fair condition with marking from AUWAERTER&BUBECK A.G. Stuttgart dated 1934. The only referance I have looked at is the 2000 standard catalog of firearms. Thanks for any help anyone can give me. In advance, the pistol is one of the few items I have that belonged to my father and has great sentemental value and therefore is not for sale.
Ted G is offline   Reply With Quote